The Partick Thistle thread

Sammon is not as slow as folk, including myself, thought and think. He takes a while to get going but when he does he can beat anyone for pace in a flat line race with his lanky legs. That caused Rangers some problems in the 1st half. 

Oh and I wish we'd put something up between the JH and the bing to stop the freeloading possil scheme rats watching up the canal everytime one half of the circus rolls into town.

13 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Did Sean Welsh ever sign for anyone? I thought he would've rocked up at a Championship club but don't remember ever seeing him sign for anyone and his Wikipedia suggests he's still a free agent.

Still recovering from (another) injury.  Believe he is (or certainly was anyway) doing his rehab with us.

Did Sean Welsh ever sign for anyone? I thought he would've rocked up at a Championship club but don't remember ever seeing him sign for anyone and his Wikipedia suggests he's still a free agent.

He wouldn't pass a medical. Not sure he will ever play again. His injuries are stopping him from what I've heard.

13 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

I dare say tonight showed the value of having a good secondary keeper rather than one that is merely adequate. 

Scully is undeniably flat footed; Cerny's failure to stop what was a superior goal from Wright has no bearing on that fact. Pena's header was well placed but quicker feet would have given Scully a chance. Instead he shuffles then stretches which he does a lot and which actually makes what should be routine stops look like wonder saves.

Candeias' goal was very reminiscent of Alex Schalk's that denied us top six in 2015/16.

Barton had plenty of opportunity to get nearer to Herrera for the third but showed little desire to get there and was caught ball watching. I was really disappointed with his reaction in particular to the goals in extra time; certainly looked to me that he chucked it.

On the whole though, I've been encouraged by our performances in the last two games. I think the performance of Sammon tonight should clamp the folk who had already made their mind up about him. Spittal is a shrewd addition going forward but needs better cover behind which hopefully McGinn can provide. I'd like a central midfielder from somewhere though seeing as Osman is more interested in selling shite you'd see down the Brigait. And obviously for Cerny to stop getting injured.

Hadn't really thought about what Scully's weaknesses are, but after I saw your previous post I was watching intently. For the **** second it certainly looked he was actually quite badly positioned at the time and didn't move across quick enough. Quite disappointing, but something that can be worked on. I've seen him make some great saves, but let in somewhat disappointing goals.

Would agree with Barton as well, quite disappointed in him this season so far.

I'm not sure we have an ideal fitness level for 90 minutes yet, so as soon as ET game I thought it's only a matter of time.

36 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Hadn't really thought about what Scully's weaknesses are, but after I saw your previous post I was watching intently. For the **** second it certainly looked he was actually quite badly positioned at the time and didn't move across quick enough. Quite disappointing, but something that can be worked on. I've seen him make some great saves, but let in somewhat disappointing goals.

Would agree with Barton as well, quite disappointed in him this season so far.

I'm not sure we have an ideal fitness level for 90 minutes yet, so as soon as ET game I thought it's only a matter of time.

I was reluctant to say as much last night but I thought so too. The step to his right before Candeias' shoots costs him.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but given the chance again, I think Archie might have brought Bannigan on at the end of the 90 minutes. We had quite rightly thrown as many attacking players on to find an equaliser but had a big imbalance for the start of ET. We undoubtedly benefited from the fact that Morelos was absolutely gubbed but unable to come off due to injuries. Had they been able to bring on Herrera earlier, I don't think we'd have been able to press as high as we did in the closing stages of the 90.

I'm sick of Barton constantly giving the ball away, playing hospital passes to his team mates and being needlessly caught in possession. He's been guilty of this in every match he's played in so far, including the league cup games.

I will agree he hasn't been in the form he was last season. No doubt. The last couple of games has been an improvement and he is still incredibly effective for us. It can be a little frustrating as he was POTY last year and set a high bar for himself.

I still think his best position is CB / Sweeper. Last season when he first signed he played there for quite a few games and was excellent. But I think Archie prefers and so does Adam playing him as a defensive midfielder. Overall he is very efficient and effective.

With Danny, Niall and Jordan playing well together I don't see him dropping in there and Osman is out till after Christmas so let's get behind him and support him as I do think he's improving and we know how good he can be as a player for us. He's a vital player and seems like a great guy who is well liked by the players and staff.

The more you boo and abuse him during games the more difficult you make it for him. I don't see any positive value in that. Archie knows what is going on and should he need to change things he will.

On 16/09/2017 at 10:16, Johnny Däpp said:

Thought you guys were awful in the first half but the 2nd half played very well and desperately unlucky not to hold the 3 points. A point still decent enough considering the sending off which I think the ref got spot on (leg breaker if he connected) though I think Ryan Jack should've been off in the first half for the 2 footer. 

Got to admit, for my natural dislike of you lot, I'm pretty disappointed in 2 things I seen / heard yesterday. First of all the stadium name change?? Stadiums like Broadwood and MacDairmid park nobody including he fans could give a f**k about a name change as quite frankly they're not traditional stadiums. However Firhill is Firhill and always has been, very disappointing to hear you guys have went down that route. 

Secondly, why shift all your home fans out of the Jackie Husband stand to give that fuckin horrible lot the best seats in the house?? 

Yer team's s**te, you gave f**king Barry Ferguson a job.

33 minutes ago, Knightswood Jag said:

Heard next week which is believable as he's been '50/50' for the last three games but then again it's Cerny so not a clue.

Thanks for that.    Ever been actual word on what bit's broken this time?

34 minutes ago, Knightswood Jag said:

Heard next week which is believable as he's been '50/50' for the last three games but then again it's Cerny so not a clue.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/partick-thistle-defender-christie-elliot-11254178

Christie out probably for bulk of season.

Could be 3-6 months and that's if it was clean break with no ligament tears and soft tissue issues. Worst case it is like Banzo and he's out till next season 6-9 months.  

Big blow. We cannot keep full back / wing backs fit :-(

So just to confirm we've got out

Elliott (at least new year)

Osman (new year, maybe slightly earlier)

Booth (end November)

Cerny (who knows, could be next week, could be next year)

Dumbuya (shrouded in secrecy)

Fraser (actually dead, but being kept on the books for tax purposes)

I suppose in one way it's good they're concentrated in one area of the pitch although if / when something happens to McGinn or Nitriansky I'm not sure I fancy Edwards or Bannigan filling in there. What'll probably happen is all the full backs will come back in January and we'll have to free two of them. Then all our strikers get injured in February.

31 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Fraser (actually dead, but being kept on the books for tax purposes)

Seen him walking through the stand at the pre season friendly against Dumbarton when I went to get my pie but since then there have been no sightings. If you have any information please contact Partick Thistle Football Club at 01415791971

Edited by Knightswood Jag