The Partick Thistle thread

Looks like we might have to sign a goalie for the league cup games with the injuries to Cerny and Scully- assume we can sign someone til the end of August like we did with Welsh last season. McGovern jnr seems to have done OK so far.

I make it the following players are injured at the moment

Dumbuya

Bannigan

Cerny

Scully

Edwards

Elliott

Fraser

Lindsay

maybe Osman as well as he was nowhere to be seen today. Booth only just back for 45 minutes too and Amoo went off injured though Archie's interview suggests he's OK.

Apparently keeper was ex Thistle unused sub David Crawford

I wasn't there on Tuesday but my dad was adamant it wasn't same keeper today so this could be true. Whoever it was did a decent job today I thought. Difficult to judge but claimed early cross well and good save at penalty. Also shouting instructions to what was a relatively young back four which was good to hear

As above our first choice two keepers are injured and we let Paul Gallacher go to Hearts as we only offered him a coaching deal rather than a player / coach.

We do have a u19 keeper but looks like we're looking for a short term cover as you can't play trialists in the league cup.

Thought the keeper was good. Not sure about Kelly. Azeez looks useful. Erskine was excellent. Syme was solid but looks like a CB. Wilson played very well.

Erskine.jpg

Erskine's goal that was ruled out for offside this afternoon..

Didn't think it was offside at the time and that still seems to back that up. Difficult to read too much into these games and thought the starting front 4 looked good, although, and I know he was in a slightly different position, but dools looked miles off the pace when he came on

Going forward we were pretty good, especially in the first half. Defensively I thought we were pretty shambolic at times, especially against a pretty poor Morton side. Would be worried going into the new season with that 5.

15 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

Said weeks ago that Dumbaysa seemed injury prone and that Cerny seemed to take a remarkable amount of time to recover from injury.

Proven right so far.     Hope Cerny is just being protected which is a worry in itself

Dumbuya's injury which he got before pre-season was an injury that I've known can happen to people just walking down the street. It's a bad injury and the only good thing is that he sustained it in June rather than two days after the transfer window shut. He could have been in pre-season training for 2 days and done the same injury.

Tomas Cerny is being wrapped in cotton wool and deservedly so. Would you rather he was "rushed" back and played two cup games before being out for 20 league games? We have four weeks until the league season begins, and I'm certain he'll start that first game fully fit.

I wasn't there on Tuesday but my dad was adamant it wasn't same keeper today so this could be true. Whoever it was did a decent job today I thought. Difficult to judge but claimed early cross well and good save at penalty. Also shouting instructions to what was a relatively young back four which was good to hear

The keeper trialist that played at Starks for you on Tuesday was a trialist on the bench for us yesterday. Joe McGovern I'm sure..

50 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Can we play trialists in the league cup? Can't imagine all the lower league sides have a full squad together by this point so it would seem daft for them to be banned from playing in the group stages.

According to Archie we can't, he said we'll probably need to go out and sign a keeper now.

So, what's the problem with the guy's health that he's being kept in cotton wool?

He's recovering from an injury. Not sure why you find that so difficult to comprehend.