The Partick Thistle thread

Kelly has played a fair bit of football at this level already at 22 years old.  I've seen him make bad mistakes but also play really well at left-back, centre-back and left-mid.  He's a tall lad and is versatile.

I suppose it's the type of player that Archie will think can improve under his stewardship, like Booth.  I think Kelly still has a good amount of potential.  He wouldn't be the first player to leave St Mirren and have a better career!

Edited by bunglebonce
Wrong word choice

Would be surprised if we signed Kelly. We do need two more defenders but one priority is a right-back and you'd think the other would be a more experienced central defender - considering we only have Devine, Lindsay, Syme and McMullin as our options there right now.

Seaborne would be ideal...

Greer would want mega sheckles I'd imagine. He could get slightly bigger club like Rangers or Hearts.

I don't mind if we sign someone a bit inexperienced as long as he's good enough.

We could sign the experienced Balatoni and I'd be in tears.

I was at the game last night and wasn't too impressed with Kelly. Definitely wouldn't be too confident going into the season with Devine, Lindsay and Kelly as our defensive options. McGovern had little to do, so it was hard to judge, but I would rather have him as backup than Scully on that evidence.

I know pre-season doesn't matter for much, but liked the look of Devine, and Penrice looks like he's going to turn into a quality player so hopefully he goes on loan for this season to get some regular first team action under his belt.

We're probably a right-back and a centre-half away from a decent squad, so I hope we get someone better than Kelly in. Maxwell has already acknowledged that we were pretty much backed into a corner with Frans because we left it so late and ended up paying him a high wage, so hopefully we can get someone with decent quality in fairly soon.

As an aside, just saw the prices for the QOTS game have been set at £12 for adults. Anyone know if this is free for ST holders?

A free transfer from St Mirren? Haud me back.

He's got a Wikipedia page. Sign him up ;)

Seriously, he's worth a deal if he shows up well in the next few games.

When did he lose his leg? ;)

I was at the game last night and wasn't too impressed with Kelly. Definitely wouldn't be too confident going into the season with Devine, Lindsay and Kelly as our defensive options. McGovern had little to do, so it was hard to judge, but I would rather have him as backup than Scully on that evidence.

I know pre-season doesn't matter for much, but liked the look of Devine, and Penrice looks like he's going to turn into a quality player so hopefully he goes on loan for this season to get some regular first team action under his belt.

We're probably a right-back and a centre-half away from a decent squad, so I hope we get someone better than Kelly in. Maxwell has already acknowledged that we were pretty much backed into a corner with Frans because we left it so late and ended up paying him a high wage, so hopefully we can get someone with decent quality in fairly soon.

As an aside, just saw the prices for the QOTS game have been set at £12 for adults. Anyone know if this is free for ST holders?

First game of the league cup is meant to be on the season ticket :)