The Partick Thistle thread

Hissy fits all over the gaff on the Facebook pages. It's amazing that people still work themselves into a frenzy over meaningless friendlies.

Gerry Collins' gang of misfits were better than the Brazil team of 1970 in our friendlies prior to season 03/04.

Hissy fits all over the gaff on the Facebook pages. It's amazing that people still work themselves into a frenzy over meaningless friendlies.

Gerry Collins' gang of misfits were better than the Brazil team of 1970 in our friendlies prior to season 03/04.

:lol:

What Hammer said. The better the friendly performances, the worse we seem to be when the competitive matches start. I remember that Ayr game and also a great performance against a top class Fulham side, filling me with hope, before a pure honking season.

Lots for archie to sort out out but if he gets it done preseason, maybe we can have a tilt a cup run?

What Hammer said. The better the friendly performances, the worse we seem to be when the competitive matches start. I remember that Ayr game and also a great performance against a top class Fulham side, filling me with hope, before a pure honking season.

Lots for archie to sort out out but if he gets it done preseason, maybe we can have a tilt a cup run?

Was Fulham not 04/05? I remember the 03/04 preseason only having Deveronvale and Bradford at home. Deveronvale had a great Anis short back pass to send us 1-0 down.

That was some Fulham team. I'm sure after the game they interviewed Chris Coleman and asked him to appraise Armand One as if he was some EPL #baller.

I remember being disappointed that we lost 1-0 to Leicester City the game after that.

The Fulham side that night was packed with quality. Tomas Radzinski and Andy Cole started I'm sure.

Juan Ramon Escales started as an unnamed trialist for us and he ran riot. Pretty much the only pre-season friendly I've enjoyed.

Fulham: Crossley, Rosenior, Pearce, Goma, Bonnissel, Legwinski, Pratley, McKinlay, Cole, John, Boa Morte

Subs Used:

Volz on for Rosenior H/T

McBride on for Cole H/T

Bocanegra on for Bonnissel 70

Radzinski on for John 70

Pembridge on for Boa Morte 70

Jensen on for Legwinski 72

Rehman on for McKinlay 77

Only concern about today really is why were we trialling a keeper, we have 2 plus Cullen. Essentially I'm worried cerny is fucked.

Orrrrr... Archie is looking to get rid of Scully?

Probably wants to send him on loan again.

Dunfermline fans spunked their load over him last time, maybe another season with them can make him not shite.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow