Played the second half at centre half. Obviously too little evidence to judge on but I'd be inclined to say he didn't look totally comfortable at centre half, possibly more of a full back. Maybe a bit on the small side to play in the middle. Will be interesting to see whether we take him down south next week for a better look. Seems to have a decent enough pedigree though.

thanks

Played the second half at centre half. Obviously too little evidence to judge on but I'd be inclined to say he didn't look totally comfortable at centre half, possibly more of a full back. Maybe a bit on the small side to play in the middle. Will be interesting to see whether we take him down south next week for a better look. Seems to have a decent enough pedigree though.

He's not heading down south as it's too late to book an extra place for him or something.

I got the feeling that today was his first day with us as well, but that's not going on much.

He didn't have much to do apart from miss time a tackle but he did look too short to be a CB - wasn't taller than Doolan,

Question for those at the Dunfermline game - Did Devine look faster or better on the ball than Frans/Seaborne? I'm presuming he's right footed but must admit to not overly noticing him in our games against Caley.

Could see the temptation in trying for a loan deal for Jack Hendry but would mean we'd have a very young central defence.

Hopefully Kevin Nisbet gets put out on loan this season. Definite potential there but unlikely to get much of a look in if we have three strikers. They might want to see how he gets on for the "colts" in the cup first though.

I know it's preseason blablabla but still, losing 3 goals to a Dunfermline side just promoted to the championship also experimenting with trialists etc makes me worry about the CB situation.

I know it's preseason blablabla but still, losing 3 goals to a Dunfermline side just promoted to the championship also experimenting with trialists etc makes me worry about the CB situation.

Scully played the full 90 minutes, so that accounts for two of the goals :P

Neither team set up defensively tbf, and we didn't really have a defensive mid protecting the defence. Scully is hopeless though.

Points taken, I retract my statement :P

Still think we need a really good CB signing and I'm hunching on the slight chance we could have Banzo for 6 months

Scully played the full 90 minutes, so that accounts for two of the goals :P

And David Wilson/Dom Doherty playing in midfield on their own.

We need two proven centre backs. With players down south becoming out of contract next week, that may see us pick up one or two more players.

I'd be very surprised if we signed two further out-and-out centre backs. I'm content enough with a first choice pairing of Lindsay and Devine with AN Other to provide cover. Syme can cover there too.

I imagine we'll only have another two or three arrivals in total.

I'd rather Lindsay wasn't part of the first choice pairing this season. He's young and potentially a very good player at this level, but he was too shaky last season for me to be a real first choice CB for us yet. Would prefer Devine and another, with Lindsay as 3rd choice but still getting a decent amount of game time.

I'd rather Lindsay wasn't part of the first choice pairing this season. He's young and potentially a very good player at this level, but he was too shaky last season for me to be a real first choice CB for us yet. Would prefer Devine and another, with Lindsay as 3rd choice but still getting a decent amount of game time.

Explain how that works please?

Injuries/suspensions/lack of form. Just like Seaborne/Lindsay/Frans all got good game time this season.

Explain how that works please?

Look at this season. He wasn't first choice and he played over 20 games - admittedly it's unlikely we'd have a case where another CB missed as many games as Frans did this year, but the same sort of setup where he acts more as a rotational CB would be ideal for his development, I think.

Edited by Nightmare

New signing to be announced later as per twitter... Banzo, or would that go down as a re-signing?

decent, with the caveat that his knee's not totally buggered.

Poor David Wilson.

Delish. You have to think that some kind of release clause will be included. But, for the time being, who cares?