The Partick Thistle thread

Terrifying that Beattie is talking about challenging for top 6 next season when we aren't actually safe this season. 

This. Very brave saying that, especially after the performances of the last two weeks.

This. Very brave saying that, especially after the performances of the last two weeks.

Possibly.  Still though, this league has been a weird one.  Had we not shat it against Ross County, we would be in the top 6, getting absolutely ragged each and every week.  But losing that meant that because the league was so tight, we're not entirely safe.  He's absolutely right that we should be challenging for the top 6 next season, but yeah, perhaps not the best time to say it when a loss on Saturday could lead to a very tough final two games.

Haud on, did he say which division we should be challenging for?

Cerny for me too though I refuse to vote until we're safe. Bit harsh on Doolan who has scored about 1/3 of our league goals.

Suppose if we do go down this is a bit of a backing as is having the likes of doolan, cerny and dumbuya signed up, guess that's what the weirs have brought to the table.

Could someone help out with a few of the Development squad. They are playing us in a testimonial game next Sunday and I need some info on Jamie Dunn, James Stokes, Callum Wilson and Anthony Eadie. We produce a decent match programme and run a pen picture page, but I'm stuck for info on these players. 

Could someone help out with a few of the Development squad. They are playing us in a testimonial game next Sunday and I need some info on Jamie Dunn, James Stokes, Callum Wilson and Anthony Eadie. We produce a decent match programme and run a pen picture page, but I'm stuck for info on these players.

South Lanarkshire Jag is your go to guy. I've never heard of any of them :(

There's a Partick Thistle Trust open evening on Wed 18th May

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/may_2016/partick_thistle_football_club_trust_open_meeting

There will be a meeting held in the Aitken Suite on Wednesday, May 18th at 7:30pm to discuss, in more detail, the workings of the Football Club Trust and how to build on fan involvement at Firhill over the coming years.

The meeting is open to all Partick Thistle supporters and will be hosted by the Trust board:

Foster Evans, Chairman

Greig Brown

Pauline Graham

Jacqui Low

Ian Maxwell

All are welcome and the bar will be open for the duration of the meeting – we look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on the night.

It's open to 'all Partick Thistle suppporters' but the club in their earlier article on the website about the new Trust define a supporter as....

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/february_2016/partick_thistle_football_club_trust_opens_for_business

The beneficiaries of the Trust are the supporters, or more specifically, any person aged 18 or over who holds a season ticket to watch the home fixtures for the current season. He or she must have held such a season ticket for each of the three immediately preceding seasons.

So does that mean the only people welcome at their meeting are over 18s who have had a season ticket for the last 3 seasons?

Edited by Pie Of The Month

There's a Partick Thistle Trust open evening on Wed 18th May

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/may_2016/partick_thistle_football_club_trust_open_meeting

It's open to 'all Partick Thistle suppporters' but the club in their earlier article on the website about the new Trust define a supporter as....

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/february_2016/partick_thistle_football_club_trust_opens_for_business

So does that mean the only people welcome at their meeting are over 18s who have had a season ticket for the last 3 seasons?

What a great way to alienate about 40% of your support. 

Three seasons, well that narrows it down a little.

The club's board has at best been grudgingly supportive of fan involvement and at worst openly hostile, especially if personality clashes or large proxy shareholdings are involved.

This'll also go right off the rails if play-offs are involved.

Good luck to all involved.

Aye, can imagine the choice to bring Paul Paton back would be met with universal praise should it happen...

If Osman goes, there is not a chance that Paton will replace him.  It'll be another one no-one's heard of who will go on to be just as good.  Such is the way with Archie.  I don't think he will go though.  Is his contract up this season or is it next?  He should give us one more year - if we're still not really moving forward after that then fair enough if he wants to try his luck elsewhere.