The Partick Thistle thread

Is Archie sniffing glue saying Scully played well? He had no command and sold a goal as usual. The guys a pub player.

To be fair I don't think throwing a 23 year old keeper under the bus will help matters. Obviously praising him isn't helpful either, but he's still a very young player for that position and playing at the highest level in the country. Despite a few shitemares I don't think it's fair to write him off completely just yet. Needs a few more loan spells at a lower level really.

From the highlights he wasn't clever for the second goal but I've seen worse attempts at a save in the Premiership - the bounce made it a bit trickier. He wasn't at fault for the rest and made a couple of good saves. The point about the defence having low confidence in him is valid though, but that's an issue with them as well as Scully. I think Cerny is so good he covers up for a lot of defensive weakness we still have.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

His command of the box was woeful again. He did make a couple of good saves but any keeper at even a basic level can save a ball - it's communication with the defenders, knowing when to come and get the ball and distribution/kicking that matter when you get to a higher level, and sadly Scully is majorly lacking in all of these departments.

No idea where this defending of Scully comes from. He made one good save on Saturday. Yes, the defence in front of him didn't help, but the guy is clearly out of his depth. I've not seen anything from him to suggest he's anywhere near good enough for the first team. Dunfermline can have him back.

I still think we'll be safe this season but, stating the obvious here, a massive improvement is needed. Going to be a big summer for Archie, especially since it appears a couple of our regular starters seem to be off. 

We have a good starting 11 but the fact we were reduced to playing Welsh and Wilson in midfield the other day shows why we're fucking shit right now. Any team that's playing with Elliot, Scully, Wilson and Welsh at once is going to struggle. Hopefully now our bank debt is gone we can bulk up the team in the summer.

Understand Archie defending Scully though, if we need to keep playing him then there's no point verbally mauling him, I'm sure he knows he wasn't great.

Must be time for them there season ticket renewals.

While I am pleased that the club is making decisions and throwing its weight behind Alan and Shaggy again I would be interested to know why it is so long term. It can't be entirely on performance, can it?

While I am pleased that the club is making decisions and throwing its weight behind Alan and Shaggy again I would be interested to know why it is so long term. It can't be entirely on performance, can it?

He's done a good job with the budget we have, losing so many players last season and pulling us out the shit after a terrible start is also impressive. Think going debt free is a turning point for us, we can hand out longer deals and plan for the future rather than taking it one season at a time. Think Archie deserves the clubs backing to see what he can do now that we're not so financially restrained.

Apparently we're half way through a six year plan. Ian Maxwell signed up too.