The Partick Thistle thread

Just so I've got it right, we've been confirmed as going down, but now they're talking about reconstruction, which could see us stay up?  

Looking at it objectively, I feel more sorry for those getting denied something positive.  Falkirk have been rinsed over this.  I'd already pretty much accepted we were going down, so although it's in shitty circumstances, it's just...meh.  I'd have been far more furious had we been in Falkirk's position (Bairn pal I work with is having a head's gone, which is admittedly amusing)

I’m assuming it’s gone along the lines of Doncaster telling Dundee if they change to a yes then they will talk about reconstruction. They will talk about it, have some riveting and maybe even some sensible discussions about reconstruction. However, it then gets to the divvying up the money in an expanded top flight…DENIED!

Is there a more yo-yo team than us?

Edited by cilitbang

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes I’m sure it will really help a Partick team going for the title when only a handful of fans turn up to away games.

Would help aye but large away supports is pretty much a uk phenomenon anyway (maybe Germany, Italy and a couple others in Europe too). In the likes of Spain, even the bigger club have very few travelling fans...

17 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

I’m assuming it’s gone along the lines of Doncaster telling Dundee if they change to a yes then they will talk about reconstruction. They will talk about it, have some riveting and maybe even some sensible discussions about reconstruction. However, it then gets to the divvying up the money in an expanded top flight…DENIED!

Is there a more yo-yo team than us?

There has to be a re structuring otherwise we surely would be talking about Hearts being relegated or are they talking about simply adding Dundee Utd to the Premier lge and having 13 teams next season?

3 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

There has to be a re structuring otherwise we surely would be talking about Hearts being relegated or are they talking about simply adding Dundee Utd to the Premier lge and having 13 teams next season?

Without restructuring, hearts can get outvoted 11-1 so it will be irrelevant. That said, rangers and hearts will continually vote against top flight ending so it will go round in circles for the foreseeable future IMO.

It just makes Dundee’s waffle of a statement - with plenty of petty digs - this afternoon utterly ridiculous.

Dundee:
“Relegated clubs were negatively impacted in two substantial ways: the lost opportunity to avoid relegation, and the lost opportunity for financial support. As we previously stated, the end of the season due to the COVID-19 epidemic should not result in any club being worse off than they were prior to vote. In our opinion the SPFL’s “solution” for the league was not a solution for all teams in the league.“

Also Dundee, but a few hours later:
*votes yes to resolution*

4 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Without restructuring, hearts can get outvoted 11-1 so it will be irrelevant. That said, rangers and hearts will continually vote against top flight ending so it will go round in circles for the foreseeable future IMO.

I know what youre saying but in the end there has to be a resolution to this season for them.  It cant go on for ever.  They have already now agreed to Dundee Utd going up so somebody has to come down or they add to the Prem and so the likes of PT would not be relegated.

Whole sorry episode absolutely stinks.

An embarrassing joke of a tale, that you could not make up.

Corrupt to the core.

Fully agree.

As a Clyde supporter I've been hoping Thistle get relegated every season for decades.

However, this is a disgraceful decision by the SPFL.

Thistle's only hope is they cannot relegate Thistle and not Hearts.