Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, kerly said:

Might of paid for a long weekend in Peterhead come August 

Well, a normal weekend should be enough. It would just SEEM longer. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JudgeMudge said:

Looks like relegation ...

Seems so. Roddy Forsyth reporting on 5 live that spfl will hedge their bets on the premier due to UEFA and euro places. The diddy leagues will be sold down the river. All teams not in a relegation spot will vote to end the season thus relegating us and promoting raith rovers. Pretty sure they will act out of selfishness. Perhaps we would have done the same. No mention of hearts and Arabs which might leave open the possibility we get "saved" through league reconstruction. We've been honking most of the season so get what we deserve?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, banditjag said:

Seems so. Roddy Forsyth reporting on 5 live that spfl will hedge their bets on the premier due to UEFA and euro places. The diddy leagues will be sold down the river. All teams not in a relegation spot will vote to end the season thus relegating us and promoting raith rovers. Pretty sure they will act out of selfishness. Perhaps we would have done the same. No mention of hearts and Arabs which might leave open the possibility we get "saved" through league reconstruction. We've been honking most of the season so get what we deserve?

I don't think you deserve to be relegated. The competition was agreed at the beginning of the season - thirty-six games to be played. If you'd won your game at hand, you'd have leapfrogged Queens and be just two points behind Alloa, with eight games to play. 

Having said all that, this is unprecedented. I can see why Dundee Utd, for example, should be promoted. I think the only fair solution is league reconstruction. If you were to be relegated, I think you should be financially compensated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seems so. Roddy Forsyth reporting on 5 live that spfl will hedge their bets on the premier due to UEFA and euro places. The diddy leagues will be sold down the river. All teams not in a relegation spot will vote to end the season thus relegating us and promoting raith rovers. Pretty sure they will act out of selfishness. Perhaps we would have done the same. No mention of hearts and Arabs which might leave open the possibility we get "saved" through league reconstruction. We've been honking most of the season so get what we deserve?

Personally my belief is you only deserve to be relegated when it is mathematically impossible to not be relegated. Considering we currently have a game in hand and several league games left I don’t feel it would be deserved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we probably would have gone down either automatically or via the playoffs but there was still a quarter of the season to go, also the game in hand was against a team we'd beaten 3-1 two times out of two this season despite them being miles above us in the league when both games were played so I don't think it was a foregone conclusion we'd have not won that game. 

Feels a bit unfair that other teams who have also been terrible (Queens, Brechin) get off scot free. 

Relegated by vote twice in 16 years, shit like that can't have happened since the early 20th century. 

Edited by Fuctifano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

I don't think you deserve to be relegated. The competition was agreed at the beginning of the season - thirty-six games to be played. If you'd won your game at hand, you'd have leapfrogged Queens and be just two points behind Alloa, with eight games to play. 

Having said all that, this is unprecedented. I can see why Dundee Utd, for example, should be promoted. I think the only fair solution is league reconstruction. If you were to be relegated, I think you should be financially compensated.

I don't. Then you'd have all clubs demanding compensation for potential lost revenue. Falkirk could say that if Partick were compensated then why weren't they? They could still have won the league. Every single team can make an argument for being compensated, from saying that they could have won a playoff to even the difference in prize money between say 5th and 6th place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are relegated because we are so bad then fair enough as it is true.  But surely then Hearts should be as well.  Postponing the decision on hearts really is making it a mockery 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, third lanark said:

If we are relegated because we are so bad then fair enough as it is true.  But surely then Hearts should be as well.  Postponing the decision on hearts really is making it a mockery 

.......except they're not doing it for Hearts, are they? They're looking to try to ensure European places for Scotland next season; the position of Hearts (and Dundee United, for that matter) is very much secondary at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't the game in hand due to Scottish Cup QF scheduling? So, completely out of our hands..  

Relegated by the SPFL due to SFA competition scheduling is peak Thistle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, banditjag said:

 Roddy Forsyth reporting on 5 live that spfl will hedge their bets on the premier due to UEFA and euro places. The diddy leagues will be sold down the river.

Rubbish. They're suggesting a practical solution to an unprecedented situation. "Sold down the river" is nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Isn't the game in hand due to Scottish Cup QF scheduling? So, completely out of our hands..  

Relegated by the SPFL due to SFA competition scheduling is peak Thistle. 

Well no, you'd be relegated for being bottom of the league, for having the lowest points average of any team in the division, for having failed to win a single league game in 2020 and for having squandered the chance to move off the bottom by failing to beat a dung Queen of the South side in total freefall - at home - at the beginning of March.

But yeah it was definitely not getting to play Inverness away that has fucked you here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, virginton said:

Well no, you'd be relegated for being bottom of the league, for having the lowest points average of any team in the division, for having failed to win a single league game in 2020 and for having squandered the chance to move off the bottom by failing to beat a dung Queen of the South side in total freefall - at home - at the beginning of March.

But yeah it was definitely not getting to play Inverness away that has fucked you here.

Played them twice in the league and we won 3-1 both times. So yes, we have a legitimate gripe here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand where club coming from with that recent statement but there really is bugger all the club can do if majority rules. Not like we can just go join some other league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Played them twice in the league and we won 3-1 both times. So yes, we have a legitimate gripe here.

But if you're going to go down that road then results this season against the other teams you've still to play would suggest you'd be getting very few points in the remaining games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Played them twice in the league and we won 3-1 both times. So yes, we have a legitimate gripe here.

The Pools Panel would have awarded a home win regardless. Hard lines.

4B61F62E-7626-4D2E-BE62-3A31CBEC845E.jpeg.fd790b659afe480e96a340c33160a944.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, virginton said:

Well no, you'd be relegated for being bottom of the league, for having the lowest points average of any team in the division, for having failed to win a single league game in 2020 and for having squandered the chance to move off the bottom by failing to beat a dung Queen of the South side in total freefall - at home - at the beginning of March.

But yeah it was definitely not getting to play Inverness away that has fucked you here.

Your first point is completely accurate, the rest just your usual bollocks. 

 

Only you could bollix that up. 

 

Numpty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing like the prospect of relegation to bring the wee Morten virgins to our thread looking for bites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t see this vote going anything other than one way, so we’ll need a post-vote reconstruction to save us. Might be waiting a while for anything to do with that, as it will likely hinge on what happens to Hearts, and who knows how long it’ll be before the Premiership is decided.

No complaints about going down. I think we’d have finished ahead of Queens if the season was allowed to finish, but realistically I’d say there was a very good chance both of us were going down regardless of who finished 9th & 10th.

We’ve been in the third tier before; that’s not the primary worry for me. The fact that the despicable vulture Low and her pathetic lapdog Britton are still in charge is a far bigger issue for the long term future of the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...