The Partick Thistle thread

Just to clarify, what is Partick Thistle's financial situation? I understood Colin Weir gave the club several million for a training facility and, prior to his death (RIP), I thought he provided the funds to prevent the owners of Barnsley from purchasing the club, and ultimately ensured fan ownership. Am I wrong? Explain it to me like I'm a five year old, because I genuinely thought you would be in a great position! 
I asked the same yesterday . before Colin Weir passed away the Three black cats Colin Weirs company owned 76% of the club with only one other director namely Jackie low . she was then made Chairperson . So does she solely own the club share that Colin owned . The black cats at last company's house report had 5m in the pot . I know the fans don't like her but if she's the major share holder then so be it . am not 100% sure like many were the club lies financially

15 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:
4 hours ago, The Reverend said:
Just to clarify, what is Partick Thistle's financial situation? I understood Colin Weir gave the club several million for a training facility and, prior to his death (RIP), I thought he provided the funds to prevent the owners of Barnsley from purchasing the club, and ultimately ensured fan ownership. Am I wrong? Explain it to me like I'm a five year old, because I genuinely thought you would be in a great position! 

I asked the same yesterday . before Colin Weir passed away the Three black cats Colin Weirs company owned 76% of the club with only one other director namely Jackie low . she was then made Chairperson . So does she solely own the club share that Colin owned . The black cats at last company's house report had 5m in the pot . I know the fans don't like her but if she's the major share holder then so be it . am not 100% sure like many were the club lies financially

Well I'm guessing, but from what you've written I would assume the 76% share belonging to Colin Weir would pass to the fans' organisation, making them the majority shareholders.

Well I'm guessing, but from what you've written I would assume the 76% share belonging to Colin Weir would pass to the fans' organisation, making them the majority shareholders.
With Jackie low being the only sole director of the three black cats she would hold that share am unsure if it high as 76% when Colin was living the plans were to have fan owner ship by April but now with Her bring major shareholder will it ever happen !!!!!

36 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:
4 hours ago, The Reverend said:

Jacqui Low doesn't own Three Black Cats. She is the sole director of it, and therefore controls its day-to-day operations, but she does not own it.

Three Black Cats is owned by the estate of Colin Weir.

It is a matter for Three Black Cats whether it makes any of its assets, or the value from it, available to the Club. Three Black Cats owns a majority stake in the Club and it owns a significant part of the stadium the Club occupies.

Colin Weir did not give the Club several million for a training facility. He had pledged to spend several million of his own money on building a training facility, which would be owned by Three Black Cats and the use for which the Club would be charged rent. Three Black Cats bought a field but never got planning permission to build the training ground. Shortly after Three Black Cats bought a majority stake in the Club the proposal to build a training ground was shelved, ostensibly on the grounds that the money was used up buying shares in the Club and the land from the property development company that owned it.

Separately, Colin Weir did buy shares in the Club a few years ago, helping it to clear its bank debt in the process, and he gifted a large proportion of those shares to a new fan-trust, but one in respect of which Jacqui Low had a significant influence in designing the corporate structure.

Edited by Ad Lib

Jacqui Low doesn't own Three Black Cats. She is the sole director of it, and therefore controls its day-to-day operations, but she does not own it.
It is a matter for Three Black Cats whether it makes any of its assets, or the value from it, available to the Club. Three Black Cats owns a majority stake in the Club and it owns a significant part of the stadium the Club occupies.
Colin Weir did not give the Club several million for a training facility. He had pledged to spend several million of his own money on building a training facility, which would be owned by Three Black Cats and the use for which the Club would be charged rent. Three Black Cats bought a field but never got planning permission to build the training ground. Shortly after Three Black Cats bought a majority stake in the Club the proposal to build a training ground was shelved, ostensibly on the grounds that the money was used up buying shares in the Club and the land from the property development company that owned it.
Separately, Colin Weir did buy shares in the Club a few years ago, helping it to clear its bank debt in the process, and he gifted a large proportion of those shares to a new fan-trust, but one in respect of which Jacqui Low had a significant influence in designing the corporate structure.
So am I right in saying with her being the sole director of the three black cat she is the major shareholder at thistle

1 minute ago, weetoonlad said:
9 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

So am I right in saying with her being the sole director of the three black cat she is the major shareholder at thistle

No.

Three Black Cats is the majority shareholder at Thistle.

Jacqui Low doesn't own any shares at Thistle.

She is the sole director of a company a dead man's estate owns, and that company is the majority shareholder at Thistle.

No.

Three Black Cats is the majority shareholder at Thistle.

Jacqui Low doesn't own any shares at Thistle.

She is the sole director of a company a dead man's estate owns, and that company is the majority shareholder at Thistle.

But as she is the only living director she will hold the rights to everything the three black cats own

Sent from my stolen Samsung s20

Just now, weetoonlad said:

But as she is the only living director she will hold the rights to everything the three black cats own

Sent from my ZTE BLADE V7 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

No. Directors don't have the rights to the property of a company. The shareholders do.

The Directors are merely the people who run the business. The shareholders are those who own it.

The only legal entity "holding the rights to everything Three Black Cats owns is the estate of Colin Weir. To whom Three Black Cats is to be given will be a matter for his will and, so far as his will is silent, for the executors of his estate.

42 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Just going to leave this here, see you in the league 1 forum soon. 

083C3317-D8D0-44CC-BA44-DB8BE68EB716.png

Apparently your club issued a statement which paints a far from rosy picture of your finances and having a dig at players not accepting a 20% pay cut. Pot, kettle and black?

2 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Spotted Brian Graham out jogging this morning. Started pondering how many of the squad will have relegation clauses in their contracts.

Good question. No idea the answer. I would be sorry if Graham left but could understand why. I actually think we will manage to keep Mohammed niang and Blair Lyons, 2 players who seem to have done well and know league one well.  I actually think we would keep Rudden simply because he’s struggled with injury at Plymouth and us and may feel a season with us in league one will get his confidence going again and he should be scoring for fun at that level.  No idea what will happen with Ross docherty though can understand why he wouldn’t want to go down.

No idea about the rest, though there’s a couple I wouldn’t be too upset about if they did exercise relegation clauses and left

on the plus side I do think even in league one we could still pay higher wages than several championship clubs especially with some like Queen of the south clearly struggling already financially 

Good question. No idea the answer. I would be sorry if Graham left but could understand why. I actually think we will manage to keep Mohammed niang and Blair Lyons, 2 players who seem to have done well and know league one well.  I actually think we would keep Rudden simply because he’s struggled with injury at Plymouth and us and may feel a season with us in league one will get his confidence going again and he should be scoring for fun at that level.  No idea what will happen with Ross docherty though can understand why he wouldn’t want to go down.
No idea about the rest, though there’s a couple I wouldn’t be too upset about if they did exercise relegation clauses and left
on the plus side I do think even in league one we could still pay higher wages than several championship clubs especially with some like Queen of the south clearly struggling already financially 

Said it on the Ayr thread but if you can keep Doc fit he’ll be a standout in League 1. I’m not overly bothered if we end up keeping him or not but I’d imagine he’ll honour his contract with you guys.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Said it on the Ayr thread but if you can keep Doc fit he’ll be a standout in League 1. I’m not overly bothered if we end up keeping him or not but I’d imagine he’ll honour his contract with you guys.

That would be a very decent and noble gesture from him especially given the frightening situation everyone is dealing with in COVID19 and the financial uncertainty that in turn is causing 

I’d guess we’ll still have a higher wage budget in the third tier than Ayr would in the Championship, so there’s nothing noble about it - if he honours his deal with us it’ll be because he’s going to be making more money by doing so.

45 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I’d guess we’ll still have a higher wage budget in the third tier than Ayr would in the Championship, so there’s nothing noble about it - if he honours his deal with us it’ll be because he’s going to be making more money by doing so.

Exactly the same as almost the whole Falkirk squad did this season mostly all of their signings  were Championship players going down a league to earn more money, Its money not league status that drives the player... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

You mean spending what they can afford .