The Partick Thistle thread

Good luck with that.

Oh aye :(

The heid is in charge now.

Even old school racist Dave Whelan has left hasn't he?

I might head along if not working 8)

Do a lot of them not post on here too? seems to be a bit of a cross over.

Aye, but they all post under different names.

The reaction over on WAT has been good anyway, think a large number of JHS fans have been put off matches against the OF after their title win at Firhill last year.

Bet you any money we publically and privately stand by Lawless, a la Gary Fraser, and he signs an extension next. (There's an obvious joke in there, somewhere... and it's not about booting Fifer's heads in.)

Balatoni and Taylor next, and the main priority is replacing O'Donnell and probably Fox/Gally.

Looking good!

edit: remiss of me not to reiterate, for the 1000th time on here, how much I love Abdul Osman. <3

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Great news about Abdul Awesome, as previously said club captain next season. Archie getting business done early must be good for next season and also players having their immediate futures sorted before they go on holiday

Getting either Osman or Taylor were my top 2 priorities. Having our central midfield signed up is a great start.

Think the players under contract are:

Scully

Seaborne

Booth

Frans

Lindsay

Osman

Bannigan

Fraser

Stevenson

McDaid

Elliott

Doolan

It was an absolute must to keep Osman, no matter what some of the absolute morons I've mentioned before that sit around me say. If we could add Taylor to this, and then, at a push, SOD, then we'll be in a wonderful place. And Lawless too.

Getting either Osman or Taylor were my top 2 priorities. Having our central midfield signed up is a great start.

Think the players under contract are:

Scully

Seaborne

Booth

Frans

Lindsay

Osman

Bannigan

Fraser

Stevenson

McDaid

Elliott

Doolan

Scully

? --- Frans --- Seaborne --- Booth

Osman --- Bannigan

Elliott ----- Stevenson ----- McDaid

Doolan

Already we've got what would be a competent lineup in place, barring RB - or maybe that will be Elliott?

The attacking midfield 3 obviously needs some improvement (Stevo aside), but hopefully at least one of Lawless or Higginbotham will be back next season to help that area out.

This is a far better situation than we were in last season.

Edited by Nightmare

From WAT I'm surprised at the OK reaction from JHS season ticket holders. Night and day from the NS reaction last season where many, myself included, were rightly pissed off. If they're fine with it then I'm fine with it. For purely selfish reasons I'll be happy to get back to around the usual area I stand at in the North Stand.

This really is the type of thing the club should be consulting with fans with before making such a decision though. Last summer should've confirmed that but it would really appear Beattie doesn't give a f**k what the fans want or think in reality and any talk about fan engagement and fan experience are nonsense. If he was as committed to it as he likes to make out by having articles in the Sun showing what a great chairman he is then he would've continued regular meetings with supporters like appeared to be promised last year.

Pretty much this. I think Beattie is quite lucky that this is a decision that most fans are willing to accept due to the benefit it will bring to the club, because it's an almost identical situation to last year - uproot fans who are happy where they are for the sake of milking the OF cash cow - and the club told us we'd be consulted on such matters. Which we clearly haven't been for this. But as you said, if those who sit there and are affected by it aren't complaining, then the rest of us have no real reason to.

Wonder if Celtic (or the other lot) will actually fill their 6,000+ seats. It's going to be a bit of a fail if we move our own support around to try and make more money, and only 3,500 of them turn up when that amount would have fit in with the sections we've been giving them since promotion anyway.

Mate spoke to someone who spoke to Stevie Lawless in a licensed premise (not a bookies) and was told that Nijmegen are sniffing about with an offer of around £5k a week over a 3 year deal.

Apparently Lawless is still on a pretty low wage made up with a 50% win bonus.

Taking into account that this was apparently from a currant bun and the solid source material we can take this as read :(

Heard today that Fox has rejected our contract as we've offered him the same amount of money and Dundee United are sniffing about. Apparently we haven't offered one to Higginbotham and don't plan to do so. Lawless should sign with us again and his lawyer dealing with his case is Gerry Britton!

Heard today that Fox has rejected our contract as we've offered him the same amount of money and Dundee United are sniffing about. Apparently we haven't offered one to Higginbotham and don't plan to do so. Lawless should sign with us again and his lawyer dealing with his case is Gerry Britton!

I for one hope Fox signs on at the dump. An absolutely average goalkeeper.