The Partick Thistle thread

Obviously this season he decided we couldn’t meet his ambitions anymore and so walked away.

I honestly think, despite the 'Thistle man' shtick, that we're an adjunct to his West End lifestyle. And he's gotten used to spending the club's cash very quickly.

In all honesty given who he’s signed for Partick so far I’m glad we didn’t give him more money. His record of signing youngsters deemed not good enough is far better than when he signs players on higher wages I.e Doolan, Harkins, Balatoni.

And for all the great attacking football and multitude of goals we scored he’s a pretty conservative manager. Loads the team full of central midfielders and relies on 2 or 3 players.

McCall  on Jagzone. “We were absolutely woeful, I take full responsibility for picking the wrong side and that is the first time the fans have got on our back. The boo’s at the end were justified” If we didn’t know before today, we do now, we are in a dogfight”

Think most Thistle fans have realised that from very early on this season. The honeymoon is over for the manager. He has been well backed by the board and both him and the players now need to deliver!!

Edited by Sting777

1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

McCaldwell  on Jagzone. “We were absolutely woeful, I take full responsibility for picking the wrong side and that is the first time the fans have got on our back. The boo’s at the end were justified” If we didn’t know before today, we do now, we are in a dogfight”

Think most Thistle fans have realised that from very early on this season. The honeymoon is over for the manager. He has been well backed by the board and both him and the players now need to deliver!!

:shutup

McCall fed his team to the wolves at full time today. While his players had to walk by abusive fans (rightly so), McCall walked the opposite way and through Dundees stand behind the dugouts. Week after week we're paying for abject performances and it's getting very tiring. Getting harder to justify going to most games, especially after the last 3 years have gone.

Cove Rangers away should be a laugh.

1 hour ago, placidcasual said:

Partick fans slowly realising that he isn't actually the messiah. Can't wait til wee Judas gets the sack after a slow start to your League 1 campaign next season.

No chance of him being sacked, even if we go down. 

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Maybe in the minority here but I'd probably say hes the best manager in the league. Would have him over Stevie Crawford in a heartbeat.

Him & John Robertson are the most “reliable” managers at this level. Neither are particularly great but they know the division and what is needed in it.

Anyone callIng for McCall already is delusional. He inherited an utterly dreadful mess of a squad with players on contracts that were paying them far too much money for too long. I guess with the lack of talent in this division some folk were expecting a quick fix, but this job was definitely one that needed more than just one window. If he takes us down in doing so it’ll be disappointing but certainly not sack-worthy.

7 hours ago, DazzJag said:

McCall fed his team to the wolves at full time today. While his players had to walk by abusive fans (rightly so), McCall walked the opposite way and through Dundees stand behind the dugouts. Week after week we're paying for abject performances and it's getting very tiring. Getting harder to justify going to most games, especially after the last 3 years have gone.

Cove Rangers away should be a laugh.

I’d assume he was off to do ‘media work’.  Such as the interview mentioned above. What Jags fans were doing in the stadium come full-time I have no idea 🤷🏾‍♂️

43 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

I see our ticketing site is still a heap of shite. My account is stuck to my old address and the link to change it is humped. Smashing.

It's getting replaced soon apparently...

8 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Partick fans slowly realising that he isn't actually the messiah. Can't wait til wee Judas gets the sack after a slow start to your League 1 campaign next season.

Sounds like you might be a little jealous and unforgiving here. Once you get relegated next year we'll wave on the way past. 

Where was the outrage when Rudden's signing was leaked on a fans' Facebook page five days before it was announced? Or when details concerning every player we were having discussions with were drip fed via similar channels? Save the mock indignation, mate.