The Partick Thistle thread

6 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Personally I would prefer Berra at this moment in time. Still supreme in the air, though hasn’t got the legs anymore.  Every time a ball comes into our area panic sets in. Berra would surely sort that and bring some semblance of organisation at the back. Short term contract to the summer would be a cracking bit of business then Brownlie can take over.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/christophe-berra-eyed-dundee-queen-21359721

A fee has been agreed with Thistle to sign Brownlie expect the deal to go through as early as Monday or Tuesday .

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Goes back to Montrose for the rest of the season, but at least we’re building for next years assault on the league one title.

I'm sure we will be ok this year. However I'd accept going down if McCall built a team as good as Ayr were last season. Time to keep our nerve. The question is this for me is our team worse than this time last year when we went on a great run? Jury out perhaps...

39 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Goes back to Montrose for the rest of the season, but at least we’re building for next years assault on the league one title.

My thinking as well - worst case scenario and we go down we have a decent striker who will still be at the club

27 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Don't really get the loan back tbh, surely he'll contribute more than Cardle or Austin? 

Edit - just read he's still at uni so maybe that has something to do with it. 

Here's my thinking - a) uni, as you say, b) gives us continuity in case we can't bag another striker c) he's not getting thrown straight into a firefight at the wrong end of a league early on into his career, and d) if you finish 9th and we make 4th again, you'll probably be able to veto him (and Sena) in a PO.

You've got a heck of a signing coming though, even in the first pre-season kickabout against Formartine I thought there was a player in there. Potential to be as good as Boyler if all goes well for him.

Edited by Scorge

3 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I’d love to know how much scouting Archibald had done for him and the likes of Ntambwe the previous summer.

im guessing next to none. Complete bombscare of a defender throughout the year and a half we had him

I actually prefer him to the other 2...he showed up well after January lasy year...hopefully Brownlie is an improvement on all 3...not sure archie rates him tho..

McGinty has really gone full circle. Came in and established himself as a joke character, then seemed to turn the corner and look competent for a while at the end of last season. Now he’s back to being the absolute shambles we saw at the beginning.

He seems to care so I don’t dislike him, but he’s nowhere near good enough. Will be glad when he’s gone, although I’d say that about all of our centre backs at the minute.

Glad to get Brownlie over the line.

CB has been an unmitigated disaster the past couple of years, and whilst I hope folk aren’t expecting him to suddenly solve all our defensive issues, he’s got to be an improvement on the current batch of diddies.