The Partick Thistle thread

19 minutes ago, third lanark said:

But are 3 of them Brownlie, Docherty and Graham though? If so then the rumours been posted about Elliott, Forrest, harvie, o Connor, Barjonas and the return of doolan can’t all be right

I woulda thought if that one was happening it would have happened already. Unfortunately, it looks like we are stuck with him to the end of the season.

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I woulda thought if that one was happening it would have happened already. Unfortunately, it looks like we are stuck with him to the end of the season.

jabari parker yes GIF by Chicago Bulls

41 minutes ago, third lanark said:

But are 3 of them Brownlie, Docherty and Graham though? If so then the rumours been posted about Elliott, Forrest, harvie, o Connor, Barjonas and the return of doolan can’t all be right

Who knows, but he made it clear that he knows who he wants and he will get them. Whether that’s in this window or the next is the question. I would assume that we will be needing more than 5 in the summer as I can see him clearing out quite a few of the current team by the end of the season

Edited by Sting777

44 minutes ago, third lanark said:

If we can get O’Connor, Graham and anther central defender in by the end of January I will be delighted. McCall also said the players have been told the two targets for the rest of the season is getting up the table asap and ensuring we are in the cup final.

25 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

jabari parker yes GIF by Chicago Bulls

I'm hoping for another 10 min cameo a week on Friday and a goal to clinch it for the Super.

brad pitt thank you GIF

18 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Is he on a good wage at Ayr?

I woulda thought he was, Dundee were after him as well and he chose us. Then again, he did say his motivation wasn't just money.

Tbh, he seems a nice guy and gives his all but for all intents and purposes he is done.

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm hoping for another 10 min cameo a week on Friday and a goal to clinch it for the Super.

brad pitt thank you GIF

I woulda thought he was, Dundee were after him as well and he chose us. Then again, he did say his motivation wasn't just money.

Tbh, he seems a nice guy and gives his all but for all intents and purposes he is done.

His best days are behind him but he is a lovely guy.

do you know he has given about half his testimonial earnings to the beatson charity.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Not too fussed that he left, I'll not be too fussed if he doesn't sign up again.

This is how I feel about Elliott at this point.

He pretty much went full circle with us. Started off looking pretty mince as we unsuccessfully tried him in numerous attacking positions, before finding his role as a FB and eventually turning into a pretty reliable, Premiership-calibre one. The last 18 months or so of his time with us were really grim viewing, though.

Moving to replace him as our starting RB was the correct decision. In hindsight, though, I'd have definitely kept him over big shitebag Williamson.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

I'm guessing this stems from him being at last night's game?

He's been missing at Carlisle since Elvis got binned. Not sure if due to injury or just not rated by incumbent manager.

Main thing is he will be on a hefty wage down South. Can we get anywhere near that? 

Not too fussed that he left, I'll not be too fussed if he doesn't sign up again.

Carlisle circulated clubs up here about his availability last week.

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Carlisle circulated clubs up here about his availability last week.

Ironically one of the reasons he left us was to move to England just after he got married.

not a problem with him or Doolan coming back but not presently at the expense of players we are being linked with and I feel offer us more eg Harvie, mccart etc

I think there's a < 1% chance of us signing any of the Ayr players we've been linked with in this window for obvious reasons, and I think the likes of Forrest and Harvie would be wiser to wait and see what options are available to them in the summer.

I wouldn't exactly be doing cartwheels to see Elliott back but he is better than Williamson and Robson and would cover both sides. Presume there was an element of not liking Caldwell (and who would blame him) to him moving in the summer.  Suppose if he signs a long enough deal (summer 2022?) he'd be due a testimonial as well, though I'm skeptical as to how much these actually matter in this day and age, his signing on fee and wages from Carlisle probably dwarf what he'd get from a game vs Newcastle under 19s or whoever.

McCall seemed to have settled on 4-4-2 before yesterday which due to injuries and probably it being vs Celtic was a bit more cautious. Assuming Graham signs, which is still a big assumption as the guy has KBd us about 7 times and I wouldn't rule out an 8th, that would probably require the signing of a right back, and another winger. 5  more new signings this window seems a bit ambitious unless we manage to offload a few.

4 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Looks like Jamie barjons joining on loan from Rangers.. 

Yeah signing tomorrow..been on cards for a while...few clubs interested but after speaking to McCall ..was desperate to sign..think there might be a couple of players leaving..