The Partick Thistle thread

22 minutes ago, Reid said:

Anyone know which side of the main stand is section M1? Is that towards the north or city? Can’t see it anywhere on the website.

Is this for the celtic game? Woman in the office said it's a sit where you want game (although each ticket has a seat allocated). Are our home crowds really less than 2,000 for these games? (I'm one of the ones who stopped going to OF games once they gave them the JLS but I'm making an exception on Saturday).

Quite pleased with the signing of Mackinnon - I love when we sign a proper b*****d, haven't done it often enough. We've been crying out for a midfield enforcer since Osman decided selling hats was his priority. I note the Accies fans suggesting that he's regressed somewhat this year but I'm hopeful he'll be able to do a job for us until the end of the season at least. Reminiscent of the signing of Hugh Murray. 
With Ross County apparently lining up Oli Shaw from Hibs, I'd imagine that indicates the deal for Brian Graham is edging closer. A guy we've tried to sign at least twice before, hopefully he turns out as well as the last striker we signed from County. 
By most accounts, the deal for Rudden is all but announced. Certainly seemed to have the nose of striker last year but I think he might have played off the front in the past? The sort of player we should be signing and hopefully one that we might be able to make a profit on in the future.
Have heard that we're close to a right back as well who would be most welcome as Williamson is god-awful.
Not sure I can see the Cammy Smith deal happening now that Nicky Clark is out for the season - but maybe one for the close season.

There was some chat on here about Williamson recently ..... thought he was defensively all over the place on Saturday. Can’t believe he’s not even our worst full-back!!

1 hour ago, Reid said:

Anyone know which side of the main stand is section M1? Is that towards the north or city? Can’t see it anywhere on the website.

J1 is the city / bing end. Not sure if that applies to the excellent main stand facility. 

I see that is the section that Celtic interlopers are planning to stand/ sit in. 

I’m glad I’m sitting this one out.

On paper it's not an obvious signing as you'd expect a CB coming in January on loan to a team fighting relegation to fit the Steven Anderson template of someone who was past it but could still organise, especially in a back 3,  rather than a 19 year old kid. Plus our record on loan from other Glasgow clubs is woefully bad, Palmer being meh is almost a roaring success for a loan from Ibrox. Could do a separate post about as many as I remember.

On the other hand, he's only got to be better than 2 of O'Ware, McGinty and Saunders and he improves the team which isn't asking him to be Rio Ferdinand in the early 2000s.

How long til Police Scotland postpone the Celtic game, due to safety reasons?

After the final whistle, probably.

Glad I’m not going to this one. Even ignoring the behaviour of the Celtic fans that’ll be in the home end, these games seem to bring out the mouthbreathers in our support as well. Would much rather watch our arses get handed to us on TV, rather than paying £20 for the privilege and being surrounded by away fans.

13 hours ago, Walter said:

I doubt it but if he does then the Ayr United thread will be an absolute riot.emoji23.png

It wouldn't be a riot. I think the realism is that snakey will be back at some point to try and get others.

If Forrest goes to Thistle over Livingston or lesser extent Dundee, I'd actually question the players or his agents mentality and decision making more than anything else. 

31 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

It wouldn't be a riot. I think the realism is that snakey will be back at some point to try and get others.

If Forrest goes to Thistle over Livingston or lesser extent Dundee, I'd actually question the players or his agents mentality and decision making more than anything else. 

Verge of tears ^

What’s your reasoning for that argument. Is it just about the money ?