The Partick Thistle thread

7 hours ago, Doolan9 said:

Who on earth are they? And where’d you hear this may I ask?

According to Wikipedia, they played a total of seven games for Hamilton between them (zero goals). One is currently playing in the Indian second division and the other amateur football in France

11 hours ago, Firhill_Basin said:

I have been told that Goodwin suggested in order to plug money gaps at the club we should hire out the Aitken suite more often. What a visionary. Stirling Albion don't know what they're missing.

Have you not seen the queues down FIrhill Road of people tearing strips off each other just desperate to get a booking in the Aitken Suite?

Did anyone ask Paul Goodwin why he thinks there is a demand/urgent need for fan ownership (I haven't seen any evidence of either), and/or why he's the best man to lead it?  It looks like he has rocked up, schmoozed Weir/Low, and concocted a scheme placing himself at the centre (with resultant PR) which makes huge changes to our club.  The benefits to the fans, who ultimately will no doubt be required to pay more to fund the club, remain pretty mysterious.

Given the choice between the now-lapsed Chien Lee takeover/feeder club path and a chancer like Paul Goodwin organising a fan-owned model based on hiring out the Aitken suite more often, I'd almost certainly have plumped for the former.

McCall confirms offers for Docherty and Brownlie.

Denies loan Rangers Mayo and Barjonas are targets. Still to have talk with Cammy Palmer.

"I have been honest with the players, there will be changes but I am no different to any other manager," McCall said. "I said everyone would get opportunities and almost all of them have.

"There will be some who go, but a lot will stay. Ones who are out of contract at the end of the season, I have told them they are going nowhere in January because they have done well and it is up to them to keep that going. This is a chance to extend their stay. I think we need three or four in and some might go out. We won’t make huge changes.”

As well as bringing in new recruits, McCall revealed that wheels are in motion to extend the loan contracts of three players.

“We have not decided on Cammy [Palmer] yet," he added. "We have three loans we are going to try and Reece Cole and Osman Kakay if we can. We are working on that.”

1 hour ago, Arnold Layne said:

According to Wikipedia, they played a total of seven games for Hamilton between them (zero goals). One is currently playing in the Indian second division and the other amateur football in France

That’s the caliber of forward we are needing this season. Sign them up! 

6 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Did anyone ask Paul Goodwin why he thinks there is a demand/urgent need for fan ownership (I haven't seen any evidence of either), and/or why he's the best man to lead it?  It looks like he has rocked up, schmoozed Weir/Low, and concocted a scheme placing himself at the centre (with resultant PR) which makes huge changes to our club.  The benefits to the fans, who ultimately will no doubt be required to pay more to fund the club, remain pretty mysterious.

Given the choice between the now-lapsed Chien Lee takeover/feeder club path and a chancer like Paul Goodwin organising a fan-owned model based on hiring out the Aitken suite more often, I'd almost certainly have plumped for the former.

This is what Goodwin does as a job, he self promotes himself as “the savior of clubs” protecting the fans from evil business men who have bought and paid for the clubs. He’s been involved and / or on the board with Stirling (Now effectively a bowling club), Dundee (fans sold up), Portsmouth (Fans sold up), Clyde and now us, whilst also tried to get involved in Rangers, Hibs, Hearts and Dunfermline.

This has nothing to do with a want by the fans, this is because of a need by Goodwin

4 hours ago, thenolly said:

This is what Goodwin does as a job, he self promotes himself as “the savior of clubs” protecting the fans from evil business men who have bought and paid for the clubs. He’s been involved and / or on the board with Stirling (Now effectively a bowling club), Dundee (fans sold up), Portsmouth (Fans sold up), Clyde and now us, whilst also tried to get involved in Rangers, Hibs, Hearts and Dunfermline.

This has nothing to do with a want by the fans, this is because of a need by Goodwin

Scottish football's David Icke