The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, Big Dan said:

Lets try to be positive. We are not a feeder team for Barnsley, we have not been taken over by speculators or asset strippers.

Colin Weir seems to have the Club at heart and the "interim" Board contains a mix of business people and fans. I understand that this is initially short term, so can we all show a bit of support? In my opinion, this is by far a better position that the other potential ones were.

It's a bit strange that the first act of this new regime is to bin the Hospitality Manager?? J. Low in the background?

23 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

It's a bit strange that the first act of this new regime is to bin the Hospitality Manager?? J. Low in the background?

We could speculate a thousand reasons for someone being fired and by whom. None of them would be helpful.

1 hour ago, ScottyG said:

We could speculate a thousand reasons for someone being fired and by whom. None of them would be helpful.

The “by whom” isn’t speculation; he was sacked by Low. Who had sacked him previously before Beattie brought him back.

She’s very much heavily involved again. Hopefully this is just temporarily until the shares are handed over again, but I’m skeptical.

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

The “by whom” isn’t speculation; he was sacked by Low. Who had sacked him previously before Beattie brought him back.

She’s very much heavily involved again. Hopefully this is just temporarily until the shares are handed over again, but I’m skeptical.

You are the first person I've seen who has publicly stated this so it is NOW no longer speculation. Just hope it is the truth and not a reason for court action!

I'm a bawhair away from writing off Zanatta as being a complete diddy who combines the worst of Blair Spittal (shitebaggery out of any 50-50, or even when he's favourite to win the ball) and Miles fucking Storey (ineffective crossing, fast but predictable, no goal threat) with some added prima donna antics of laying on the ground when tackled to try to buy a foul/booking off opponents, trying to win a penalty rather than staying up to create chances etc.

Harkins was noticeably poor today too.

Grim stuff but we're nearly into January - got to hope we can bring in some good pro's to dig us out the shit.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

2 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Grim stuff but we're nearly into January - got to hope we can bring in some good pro's to dig us out the shit.

Don’t worry. Low will sanction the next couple of seasons’ budgets in one window, then Colin will have to write it off for his pal. 

I'm a bawhair away from writing off Zanatta as being a complete diddy who combines the worst of Blair Spittal (shitebaggery out of any 50-50, or even when he's favourite to win the ball) and Miles fucking Storey (ineffective crossing, fast but predictable, no goal threat) with some added prima donna antics of laying on the ground when tackled to try to buy a foul/booking off opponents, trying to win a penalty rather than staying up to create chances etc.
Harkins was noticeably poor today too.

Real shame because he was fantastic v Ayr.

6 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Anyone heard from Paul Goodwin? 

No? 

What? Not a peep? That's odd. 

He was on Super Scoreboard during the week. Doesn't seem to be a plan yet. Getting worked on over the next few weeks 🤷‍♂️

What a joke the Jagzone highlights(?) of the game yesterday are. Max does a commentary while the pre match warming up is going on then it disappears the minute the game starts, then they fail to show two of the most blatant penalties you could ever wish to see. Who the hell is doing the editing?  A bit like our performance, it was dreadful

12 hours ago, cilitbang said:

Don’t worry. Low will sanction the next couple of seasons’ budgets in one window, then Colin will have to write it off for his pal. 

Well if that happens, at least this time we have a manager with an eye for a player rather than someone who blows it on 18 month contracts for Harkins, 2 year contracts for Mansell etc, etc. 

Well if that happens, at least this time we have a manager with an eye for a player rather than someone who blows it on 18 month contracts for Harkins, 2 year contracts for Mansell etc, etc. 

I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to see the ugly boot fire McCall and bring back Caldwell just to prove a point.