The Partick Thistle thread

Perhaps the point is giving themselves a pat on the back, rather than congratulations from the fans who might have higher hopes than merely replacing the 600 lost.

The point was the discussion was around our drop in crowd in relation to the teams that have visited this season... our crowds have dropped as poorly supported teams have visited...

therefore next season will see a more 2013/14 type fixture list, and therefore an increase in average crowds as better supported teams visit Firhill.

Good news for North Stand fans like myself. May actually give me a little incentive to attend games v Celtic. Also worth noting that can get better back and forth between home and visiting fans when they are in the JHS, although that could be rough when getting hammered and taunted by Celtic mutants.

2014 - Beattie does media work praising the team's performance and commenting on the general state of Scottish football. Days later, he punts home fans out of the North Stand for Celtic games.

2015 - Beattie does media work praising the team's performance and commenting on the general state of Scottish football. Days later, he attempts to punt the home fans out of the Jackie Husband for Celtic games.

Uncanny. Maybe in 2016, he'll ask us all to f*ck off and rename Firhill for the Celtic games.

Edited by Armand 2

The point was the discussion was around our drop in crowd in relation to the teams that have visited this season... our crowds have dropped as poorly supported teams have visited...

therefore next season will see a more 2013/14 type fixture list, and therefore an increase in average crowds as better supported teams visit Firhill.

Our crowds have dropped 1,500 on average, 900 of that being attributed to poorly supporting teams visiting and 600 being home fans not attending. Our average crowd will in all likelihood increase next season, but the 600 returning is irrelevant to the fact that well supported teams will be visiting Firhill apart from the (questionable) idea that more home fans might turn up to see us play the 'big' teams.

From WAT I'm surprised at the OK reaction from JHS season ticket holders. Night and day from the NS reaction last season where many, myself included, were rightly pissed off. If they're fine with it then I'm fine with it. For purely selfish reasons I'll be happy to get back to around the usual area I stand at in the North Stand.

This really is the type of thing the club should be consulting with fans with before making such a decision though. Last summer should've confirmed that but it would really appear Beattie doesn't give a f**k what the fans want or think in reality and any talk about fan engagement and fan experience are nonsense. If he was as committed to it as he likes to make out by having articles in the Sun showing what a great chairman he is then he would've continued regular meetings with supporters like appeared to be promised last year.

Don't care at all, means I get to go to my usual seat if I go to the Celtic games. Can see a few not bring happy with it, but the financial benefits on offer are pretty hard to argue with.

Should probably introduce a season ticket that doesn't include OF games though.

I sit in the JH, and although it's annoying I'll have to move, I'm OK with it. They've outlined the reasons why they're doing it fairly well, and it keeps the more vocal fans we have sitting in the North Stand, good thing.

Only sad thing is that we're having to do this at all, just because certain fans can't be trusted not to set fire to the stand they're sitting in.

Yeah that's two good home games. Should be a decent money spinner as well which was probably the point.

Really? No chance there will be more than 2000.

I'm not bothered about getting moved from my seat in the JH. If it means the playing budget isn't cut then I'm fine with it. Hopefully there's a non-OF season ticket package.

Wigan at home confirmed as the second pre season friendly on Tuesday 21st - hope that's it for home games.

Looking forward to booing ATS (if he's still there).

Likewise with the anti-semetic racist homophobe that is Malky "Mhanky" Mackay 8)