The Partick Thistle thread

22 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’d punt Mansell, Harkins and Gordon.

I totally forgot about Shea Gordon.

Which probably sums up Shea Gordon perfectly. Very easy to forget he’s actually on the pitch most of the time.

A highlight reel of absolute nonsense in this interview. Well worth a listen. The man is a disaster.

SOD coming across as a bit of a thicko as well. Sticking up for Caldwell, and taking a bizarre stance by comparing him getting sacked to McNamara leaving us, which was a totally different scenario.

4 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Better suited to managing Scotland as he had 55 caps, than Thistle as he never played at Championship level...

Naw he didny! 😂

In fact, its Caldwell. He definitely did. The mans lack of self awareness is staggering.

38 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

A highlight reel of absolute nonsense in this interview. Well worth a listen. The man is a disaster.

SOD coming across as a bit of a thicko as well. Sticking up for Caldwell, and taking a bizarre stance by comparing him getting sacked to McNamara leaving us, which was a totally different scenario.

If we end up as successful as we did after McNamara left then I will be utterly delighted.

As predicted, Caldwell emerges with his sob story. The only surprise is that it was SOD of all people blowing smoke up his arse and not one of the resident cretins.

Staggering hubris as usual. It's blatantly obvious the guy cannot abide anyone questioning him, he was bristling at MacIntyre on a number of occasions.

His pathetic attempts at deflecting responsibility were truly something to behold tonight - like suggesting everyone at the club wanted rid of Doolan and then when quizzed on why his team often folded like a pasting table, suggested that this was merely down to chance like conceding a corner from a stray shot. 

He saved the best until last though when stating that he is more suited to managing at international level, letting the mask slip with the snide comment that he doesn't understand Championship players because he never played at such a level.

A deluded, arrogant and frankly unlikeable character who, thank the fucking Lord, is on the dole.

Edited by Armand 2

It was a great listen.  He's clearly still absolutely raging about being punted, still a complete egomaniac, and still peddling the obvious drivel that the team he put together this summer is ready to challenge for the league (look at the table, Gary, and consider the run of shite defeats we suffered in your closing stretch of games).  He even had a snide dig at McCall's start, which I thought was pretty cheeky given Caldwell's own terrible, terrible start which seemed to go on for months without a win.

For possibly the first time ever, I thought Kenny MacIntyre (?) did a good job as he challenged at least some of Caldwell's arrant nonsense, and put him on the spot over how Doolan was treated.  A shame, though, that SOD kept backing him up on his idiotic "I need time, no one ever gives me time" shtick.

Another highlight was demanding NAMES OR IT DIDNAE HAPPEN about all the stories coming out from Firhill about players hating him.

All in all, 8/10, would listen again.

Edited by VictorOnopko

14 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

3 out of the 24 didn't.  I wonder who they were?

My guess would be Bannigan, O'Ware, and A.N. Other.

That's assuming Caldwell's claim is correct, and not his usual delusional guff which he is spouting because he knows no one can prove otherwise...

8 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

My guess would be Bannigan, O'Ware, and A.N. Other.

That's assuming Caldwell's claim is correct, and not his usual delusional guff which he is spouting because he knows no one can prove otherwise...

But also even if he has got texts from the others he’s totally counting “sorry it didn’t work out, all the best” etc as ringing endorsements of his managerial career.