The Partick Thistle thread

Just turn the bing into a luxury stand. Quite like the idea of watching 43 year old Kenny Miller smashing in goals for us while I'm fully sheltered from the elements and reclining on a plush, leather, heated seat while scoffing a fillet steak tbh.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

13 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Just turn the bing into a luxury stand. Quite like the idea of watching 43 year old Kenny Miller smashing in goals for us while I'm fully sheltered from the elements and reclining on a plush, leather, heated seat while scoffing a fillet steak tbh.

Sponsored by the Grosvener in Ashton Lane. Offering our very own brand of drama, thriller, horror and comedy throughout a season.

I wonder what the difference is between this bid and the one Weir had rejected a couple of months back. Other than it being under the guise of fan ownership, that is.

I dread the thought of fan ownership at PTFC. Too many cliquey wee groups & "Trusts", all with completely different objectives. After McCall calling for re-uniting the fans yesterday - this will do the opposite.

We have multi millionaires and multi billionaires fighting each other to buy our club yet the Cumbernauld Clyde fans think we wanted their manager....lol. Life ain’t dull up Firhill way!!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4759005/euromillions-colin-weir-takeover-partick-thistle/

Edited by Sting777

17 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I think I understand Brexit better than the behind the scenes machinations at Firhill.

Bearing this in mind, considering the shares they're aiming to buy will be Beattie, Springford etc who are presumably minded to accept the NCC bid, rather than Joe Bloggs with his £100 shares from Save The Jags, why wouldn't the shareholders in question refuse to accept the bid at least until it's clear whether the NCC bid / dual ownership would go through?

Edited by Fuctifano

On 23/09/2019 at 17:55, Reid said:

IMG_3445.jpg

Thistle Scarf                                                                                          check

Thistle Tie                                                                                               check

Thistle Bunnet with 'We f**ked the Old Firm' on it                 pending 

This reeks of old board involvement, given Low’s closeness to Weir.  Absolutely not convinced by either the proposed fan-owned model (at least the vague details that have been shared) or the guy who appears to be leading it (for whom I suspect the goal is really having a club to run himself). 

That isn’t to say there aren’t many questions to be answered by the consortium, but I am enormously sceptical about this Forever Thistle / Weir bid.