The Partick Thistle thread

Some whopper on SSB having a moan about the takeover and still going on about the fucking bus.

What a support we have.

Can’t believe the attention the bus stuff gets. An ansolute non-story.

Will McCall go back for any of the current Ayr squad during the next two transfer windows?

any opinions?

Think I read somewhere that Jamie Adams is out of contract so wouldn’t be surprised if we went in for him. We’ve got 4 centre backs but none are particularly good. Also, McCall clearly trusts him and he’s a leader. Pretty sure he’s from Ayrshire so might be happy staying.

I really hope we draw Partick in the Scottish Cup.

"Ian McCall, w**k w**k w**k" is one of my all-time favourite chants [emoji23]

Edit- Since when was "w ank" censored on here?! Sort it out mods FFS. 

haha belter of chant m8

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Adams is from Stranraer and works on a farm there which is why he’s only part time with us.

Can’t see him wanting to travel any further from Ayr but for McCall, who knows?

We had him on loan from KFC back in the day.

Much as I'm trying to err on my naturally pessimistic side when it comes to Thistle (next two fixtures look very difficult) it's hard not to feel a bit more positive, especially after that video.

Feels a bit weird to know that Archie is almost certainly going to be back in charge at some point over the next few years too, at the very least as a caretaker, but i) a bit more time as an assistant to McCall and ii) his honest reflection on relegation on the OS after the Livi defeat leads me to think it'll work out a bit better next time around.

Can't really look past the short term, though - need to find a way to graft out some results until January. Scott Allison's post match video was excellent after the Dunfermline game, up on the OS still I think, covered a few things. As a start the players need a lot more bravery and desire off the ball to compete in the league.

Imagine telling a Partick Thistle fan 2 or 3 years ago that Kevin Nisbet would be Dunfermline's main striker and Pars fans would be happy with it. We'd have had to assume your decline had ended up in the lower reaches of the seaside leagues again.
All the attempted points scoring in the world wont change the fact players and managers can improve and teams (not unlile yourselves) can regress.
Stop being bitter just cause our board had the balls to sack our shambles of a manager and yours apparently do not.
Offfft

Just turn the bing into a luxury stand. Quite like the idea of watching 43 year old Kenny Miller smashing in goals for us while I'm fully sheltered from the elements and reclining on a plush, leather, heated seat while scoffing a fillet steak tbh.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely