The Partick Thistle thread

5 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Ah well. Obviously no ambition to manage a bigger club.

He has said on numerous occasions that he is really enjoying his time at Clyde and the club and fans are appreciating the direction he is taking the team. There is a positive vibe about our club after years in the doldrums. That all counts for a lot so why would he chuck that away for a job with a club that is clearly in some turmoil and clearly in serious danger (again) of being relegated to League 1. 

There’s ambition and then there’s downright stupidity. 

1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

I thought I read he had signed a contract at Ayr at the end of last season

That would appear to be the case. The BBC now reports that the club has asked Ayr for permission to speak to McCall - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49782090

"Partick Thistle have approached Ayr United about bringing Ian McCall back to the club for a second spell as boss.

"The Scottish Championship's bottom side have identified McCall as the man they want to replace Gary Caldwell, with another former Firhill manager, Alan Archibald, a contender to assist him.

"It remains unclear whether McCall would be willing to swap a team at the top of the division for one at the bottom."

Hopefully, there is more substance to this story than Chick Dung's Sportsound "exclusive"..

15 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Absolutely mortifying for Caldwell to try and pad his record with meaningless cup wins over diddies from League 1 and League 2.

Absolutely mortifying for Caldwell to try and pad his record with meaningless cup wins over diddies from League 1 and League 2.

Surprised he hasn’t included the Spanish amateur team we scudded as well tbh.

41 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Forever in our shadow. Thanks for taking partemoji173.pngemoji836.pngemoji835.png

Your club wish they could get even close to being in our shadow.

Lennon signed a new contract with you because he knew we’ve got another target lined up anyway. So congratulations on that.

I was working in Glasgow today until early afternoon, and didn't have time to make it over to Morton, so I went this instead.

f**k. Me.

I have no doubt that Dundee were shite today, but I'm fairly sure the Pollok Juniors team I saw last week would have done Partick today.

Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise - it surely has to be a catalyst to make Caldwell GTF. The really worrying thing was that the general mood in the crowd wasn't even seethe, but more a sort of "told ye so" resignation. 

1 minute ago, Meadow_Jock said:

I was working in Glasgow today until early afternoon, and didn't have time to make it over to Morton, so I went this instead.

f**k. Me.

I have no doubt that Dundee were shite today, but I'm fairly sure the Pollok Juniors team I saw last week would have done Partick today.

Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise - it surely has to be a catalyst to make Caldwell GTF. The really worrying thing was that the general mood in the crowd wasn't even seethe, but more a sort of "told ye so" resignation. 

Caldwell's already left you idiot.