Ahead of Saturday’s open day there has been a change to the schedule with members of the board now taking part in a Q&A session at the end of the afternoon. As such the running order will be:

11:00 – Stadium opens

11:30 – First team training

12:00 – Partick Thistle Women and Partick Thistle Charitable Trust projects

13:00 – Signing Session

13:45 – Fans Trust meeting

14:00 – Q&A with Gary Caldwell

14:30 – Meet the board

I see the “Meet the board” element of Saturdays open day has been reinstated to the running order. 

10 minutes ago, dougie247 said:

Ahead of Saturday’s open day there has been a change to the schedule with members of the board now taking part in a Q&A session at the end of the afternoon. As such the running order will be:

11:00 – Stadium opens

11:30 – First team training

12:00 – Partick Thistle Women and Partick Thistle Charitable Trust projects

13:00 – Signing Session

13:45 – Fans Trust meeting

14:00 – Q&A with Gary Caldwell

14:30 – Meet the board

Well this should be interesting to say the least. That should boost attendance on Saturday, certainly from 2.00pm onwards!!

Don't see why the Meet the Board section of the day would be restored unless they have a definite announcement to make on the club's future.      Can't see them just turning up to be grilled and only able to respond with meaningless platitudes.

17 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

Don't see why the Meet the Board section of the day would be restored unless they have a definite announcement to make on the club's future.      Can't see them just turning up to be grilled and only able to respond with meaningless platitudes.

Probably feel its better to front up and try to control the situation. 

People usually give you more benefit of the doubt if you're looking them in the eye. 

Christ I hope Jordanhill Jag and Javejag don’t turn up. We could be there till midnight!!!

Simply speaking, is it a case the we had someone worth £155million, willing to invest in our youth development.....

And we now have the opportunity to partner up with a billionaire who is willing to invest in the whole club?

Is it as simple of a decision as that??

28 minutes ago, Public menace said:

Simply speaking, is it a case the we had someone worth £155million, willing to invest in our youth development.....

And we now have the opportunity to partner up with a billionaire who is willing to invest in the whole club?

Is it as simple of a decision as that??

Dont think so!!!

Dont think so!!!
No it's not really, his wife ditched him last year and took half the money, so he only had about 70 million

8 hours ago, Mancubus said:
8 hours ago, Sting777 said:
Dont think so!!!

No it's not really, his wife ditched him last year and took half the money, so he only had about 70 million

'only' 🤑

15 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Christ I hope Jordanhill Jag and Javejag don’t turn up. We could be there till midnight!!!

The board turning up would only inconvenience their conversation. 

. Rumours that Beattie has been spotted up on scaffolding ripping the Colin Weir Stand sign down tonight has yet to be confirmed!!!

Not sure we can afford scaffolding, more likely to be auld rope salvaged from the nolly suspended between the floodlights.

It’s patently obvious from the first 2 games (plus the league cup performances) that we will be nearer the bottom of the league than the top this season. All courtesy of Mr Caldwell. 

44 minutes ago, Midlife Crisis said:

It’s patently obvious from the first 2 games (plus the league cup performances) that we will be nearer the bottom of the league than the top this season. All courtesy of Mr Caldwell. 

Utter nonsense.

not arguing with your assessment of the team's chances but Caldwell's  playing without a budget to improve his squad.      You honestly think that given the choice that would have been his front line tonight?

3 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

Utter nonsense.

not arguing with your assessment of the team's chances but Caldwell's  playing without a budget to improve his squad.      You honestly think that given the choice that would have been his front line tonight?

How many strikers on top of Miller, Jones and Mansell were you expecting Caldwell would sign?  I do think that's his chosen front line, it just isn't very good.

10 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

How many strikers on top of Miller, Jones and Mansell were you expecting Caldwell would sign?  I do think that's his chosen front line, it just isn't very good.

At the very least one more, though no idea where he dug jones up from and no idea why he couldn’t have done better than him

18 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

Utter nonsense.

He had a budget and he’s wasted it. He’s assembled a squad akin to Archibald’s. 

19 minutes ago, Midlife Crisis said:

He had a budget and he’s wasted it. He’s assembled a squad akin to Archibald’s. 

I’d say it’s slightly better and the window is not shut yet but a lot of work needing to be done. 

1 hour ago, professor challenger said:

Utter nonsense.

“Without a budget”? Absolute drivel. He’s signed the team he has and he’s signed a load of shite. He’s a shite manager and should be punted at the earliest opportunity. 

I don't think we really played good or bad, but I just left that game deflated. The season is realistically already going to amount to nothing IMO, we don't have the resources to challenge and then sustain ourselves in the top league, we'd be fodder. Seeing folk having the Caldwell in and out debate in the same way we got with Archie the last couple of years is beyond repetitive for me. Change is needed at the top, because whilst I don't think we are a flat out rubbish team, we aren't close to promotion and we're on a one way ticket to long term mediocrity, regardless of who the manager or the players are. Bring on the new owners cos I see no light at the end of the tunnel with the current state of affairs. 

Edited by Firhill_Basin