The Partick Thistle thread

Doesn't sound great on the takeover. Then again that may be down to all the boxes that need to be ticked to get a deal like this over the line e.g. Price, SFA permission, shareholders agreement and due diligence etc...

At the moment we're not going anywhere fast. So in terms of progression the best way forward seems to be the takeover in my head.

I suppose if that doesn't happen Colin Weir didn't say he wouldn't assist with the current board if the takeover failed.

Ayr game is looking like a must win already...

5 hours ago, dave.j said:

No idea. I think they had a habit of buying older players on shortish term seals with the majority freed at the end of their contracts.

Now they work on a model where they bring them in young on longer term deals. And sell them on for profit that goes back into the team.

If a player they want to keep won't commit to longer term deals, then I think the rule generally is, "see you later then".

Dont quote me but I'm sure they just lost 3 of their first choice back 4. Much to everyone's concern. But within a week has replaced them with what the fans think are all better than they had.

Thanks for the info

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Caldwell said last night that he sees Kenny Miller as more of a #10 influencing play from deep.

I just wonder if it was Kenny or Gary who decided on that? 🤔

Not much evidence that'll work from what I've seen so far...

He's just a pain in the arse, glad we're shot of him.

2 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Didnt manage up today but going by the snippets on WAT

No more players (even though we have a strike force that will be lucky to score 10 goals.....between them) 

Takeover far from certain to go ahead and no decision imminent.

If takeover goes ahead we might ask Colin Weir to join forces (good luck with that) 

Jeez what a fecking mess!! If this takeover falls through are they going to crawl back to Weir and beg him to reconsider? I know where I would tell them to go!! Looks like Gilfillan was the board member as no mention of Beattie (surprise, surprise...he does appear to only hog the limelight when times are good!)

He wasnt in the Country. But dont let that get in the way of your agenda.

Beattie reported to be on holiday (he couldn’t have timed that better) but apparently most of the board were there. At the last meet the manager night I personally asked Caldwell how many more new faces he expected in. He stated 3 or 4 and stated that Gerry would be better confirming that the budget was there to allow that, which he did. We have signed Austin since that night so anyone saying the budget hasn’t been cut is living on fantasy island,  that is unless Austin is costing us a fortune. The club is a total shambles at the moment. The only hope we have is that Austin can play as a striker because we really ain’t got anyone else!!

16 minutes ago, dave.j said:

He wasnt in the Country. But dont let that get in the way of your agenda.

There is no agenda as you can see from my next post which I was posting as you posted yours!! All I want, like any other jags fan  is for the club to be successful. If that’s under Lee, Beattie, Low or Weir I really don’t give a Friars Tuck. Everything with you appears to be “an agenda” if it doesn’t agree with your point of view!! Get a friggin life!

Edited by Sting777

1 minute ago, Sting777 said:

There is no agenda as you can see from my next post which I was posting as you posted yours!!

I see that in your follow up post where you say, oops sorry my mistake he was actually on holiday. 

10 minutes ago, dave.j said:

I see that in your follow up post where you say, oops sorry my mistake he was actually on holiday. 

Wasn’t a mistake. I was told he wasn’t there (he wasn’t) I was informed 15 minutes ago he was on holiday!!

Edited by Sting777

2 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Looks like Gilfillan was the board member as no mention of Beattie (surprise, surprise...he does appear to only hog the limelight when times are good!)

10 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Beattie reported to be on holiday (he couldn’t have timed that better)

Ok

Can anyone clarify.

The Board are saying Caldwell has been given and spent the same budget as was given to Archibald last season. Within this budget, although not received, included money from Fitzpatrick/Lindsay.

The insider said there was 200k for 4 further players withheld from Caldwell which the new Board denied. It turns out they were just rubbishing that 200k had been held. But didn't let on that it had already been spent.

Have I picked this up correctly?

7 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Can anyone clarify.

The Board are saying Caldwell has been given and spent the same budget as was given to Archibald last season. Within this budget, although not received, included money from Fitzpatrick/Lindsay.

The insider said there was 200k for 4 further players withheld from Caldwell which the new Board denied. It turns out they were just rubbishing that 200k had been held. But didn't let on that it had already been spent.

Have I picked this up correctly?

That’s my take on it. Caldwell and Britton both confirmed that they hoped to bring in 3/4 other players to complete the squad at the last Meet The Manager night which was before the boardroom coup. Austin is the only signing since then

6 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

That’s my take on it. Caldwell and Britton both confirmed that they hoped to bring in 3/4 other players to complete the squad at the last Meet The Manager night which was before the boardroom coup. Austin is the only signing since then

So Britton was promising him players even though he'd spent all his transfer budget and the additional money wasnt there to be spent.

The new board have come in and said, haud the bus, you've had your budget, you've spent it. We need to start running break even before you get more money.

7 minutes ago, dave.j said:

So Britton was promising him players even though he'd spent all his transfer budget and the additional money wasnt there to be spent.

The new board have come in and said, haud the bus, you've had your budget, you've spent it. We need to start running break even before you get more money.

I reckon, without any inside info, the money was there, perhaps some of the Lindsay/Fitzy money was being used, but the shareholders stepped up, got rid of the board and the money was then used to plug a budget deficit. What I dont get is how can we run up a deficit without banking or overdraft facilities! Whole thing is a total mystery and a total mess!

10 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

I reckon, without any inside info, the money was there, perhaps some of the Lindsay/Fitzy money was being used, but the shareholders stepped up, got rid of the board and the money was then used to plug a budget deficit. What I dont get is how can we run up a deficit without banking or overdraft facilities! Whole thing is a total mystery and a total mess!

No one asked that?

I can only assume, by deficit we are guaranteeing spending money before it's in the bank. You can sign a player on a 12 month contract, but you might not have that money set aside right now. The last 6 months of his contract might only be payable once future income is received.

The other option is we have been running up a monthly tab with The Weirs, spending out with our means. 

Surprised no one asked them to define deficit. 

9 minutes ago, dave.j said:

The other option is we have been running up a monthly tab with The Weirs, spending out with our means. 

Without any knowledge that is my assumption! Lowe and Weir are obviously good mates and if she asked him to fund some signings I am pretty sure he would sign the cheque

37 minutes ago, dave.j said:

The old board promised him money from the sale of Lindsay and Fitzpatrick to sign 4 players. New board came in and said that money can’t be used for that now as there is a deficit with theib.

so technically it was the old board that had said he could use money from that and obviously he would not have known about the coup.

not sure if Gerry Britton falls under the group that said yes you can spend that money and now with the group that says no we need to plug the deficit or if his remit limited his involvement since he was CEO rather than board member