The Partick Thistle thread

Attendance figures based on tickets sold (inc freebies) is standard practice in the top 2 tiers, we only changed to this in the past couple of years to follow suit with the majority 

19 minutes ago, 80sPar said:

Attendance figures based on tickets sold (inc freebies) is standard practice in the top 2 tiers, we only changed to this in the past couple of years to follow suit with the majority 

Don’t think it is standard practice. Top tier it looks like it’s about 50/50, and in the Championship last year most teams just declare the actual attendance (only yourselves, Falkirk and possibly ICT last year at this level didn’t).

1 hour ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

It doesn't make complete sense, without the added context of what was meant by "tickets sold".

And anyway, if you want to exclude freebie tickets and only count paying fans, wouldn't you also need to deduct from Partick's attendance given that you're claiming your attendance figure is a count of people in the ground that day, which will include kids on the free season ticket?

Yep, you could take some of the figures off our gate, in the form of kids who are using our free ST offer.

You can also remove a lot more from Dunfermline’s: people who have free tickets and have or haven’t turned up; people who have reduced tickets and have or haven’t turned up, or just who haven’t turned up in general.

I’ve never said that the Pars don’t get more fans through the gate than us or make more in ticket sales. Just that due to the convoluted nature of how they count their attendance figures (which was why I used “tickets sold” in quotations), their income generated from ticket sales won’t be as substantially higher as a quick glance at the attendance figures would suggest it to be. Which was my point in the first place.

5 hours ago, virginton said:

It only seems inexplicable to a moron like yourself, as Morton's financial problems of 2001 had nothing to do with the moonbeams promises of a new owner and everything to do with the asset-stripping of an old one. If/when we're circling the drain after Rae jr. pulls the plug in the near future then you can absolutely file us into that category, no questions asked. 

Until then, thanks for playing anyway champ. 

Ignoring all that shite for a second, it is quite incredible how you've managed to maintain the tone of a red faced, keyboard bashing, perma-raging, wee gimp on here for a not inconsiderable amount of years. 

All joking aside, I would get my blood pressure checked if I were you at the very minimum. Good luck. 

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Ignoring all that shite for a second, it is quite incredible how you've managed to maintain the tone of a red faced, keyboard bashing, perma-raging, wee gimp on here for a not inconsiderable amount of years. 

All joking aside, I would get my blood pressure checked if I were you at the very minimum. Good luck. 

That's a rather long-winded and mewling way of admitting that you were in fact completely wrong. Gutted for you. 

34 minutes ago, virginton said:

That's a rather long-winded and mewling way of admitting that you were in fact completely wrong. Gutted for you. 

Maybe it is and maybe it isnt; I've only glanced at the last two pages so wouldn't want to give an opinion. 

Except to say that it was bloody funny though. 😆😆😆

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Did I not hear before on the forum that Morton is in debt to the raes to something like £2 million- not been exactly living within their means either if that’s the case 

30 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

This McGarry guy has only appeared on the scene since Caldwell / Painted face arrived, my money is on Painted Face feeding sh**e to the papers and making us tabloid fodder. 

Good riddance she's gone, although you wonder why she got to where she did in the club. 

Pretty sure McGarry has been reporting on PTFC for the last 4 years for the evening times was definitely doing it during the top 6 season 

12 hours ago, Blue-Toon said:

Dunfermline?

Dunfermline's average crowd last season was 5,008. Partick Thisle's average crowd was 3,042.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48473238

10 hours ago, 80sPar said:

Oh and no chance we have a higher player budget than yourselves, we'll be 5th at best behind both dundee clubs, yourselves and ICT

We should and probably will be above ICT. 

10 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Don’t think it is standard practice. Top tier it looks like it’s about 50/50, and in the Championship last year most teams just declare the actual attendance (only yourselves, Falkirk and possibly ICT last year at this level didn’t).

Ross County. 

The attendance figures have been covered extensively, I still reckon we'll get more money from that, and as of next season providing we're in the same league I'd expect us to have a higher budget. 

However for this season and last Partick had the Weir money (that's now gone thankfully) and the parachute payments from the spl, as well as money banked from being in the Premier. This season and last they would've had a far better budget, it was just utilised awfully. 

With next season having no Weir money and no parachute payments it could turn into a bit of a slog in the championship. 

Ross County. 

With next season having no Weir money and no parachute payments it could turn into a bit of a slog in the championship. 

As far as I know, Colin Weir never put any money into the club for use in the first team, only paid off the debt, set up the youth setup and was helping pay for a new training complex, so his refusal to give any more money to the club should have zero effect on the first team going forward.

26 minutes ago, Mancubus said:

As far as I know, Colin Weir never put any money into the club for use in the first team, only paid off the debt, set up the youth setup and was helping pay for a new training complex, so his refusal to give any more money to the club should have zero effect on the first team going forward.

This

13 hours ago, virginton said:

Around this time last year, I remember pulling you up on some weird gloating that Morton were a far bigger team than Ayr United, who you were eager to call a "point and laugh" outfit, and you also claimed that Morton had won "far more trophies" than Ayr.  A quick check revealed that you had won one more - a league title in the bottom tier.

All in all, some long-winded mewelling followed, during which time you refused to admit you were in fact completely wrong.  I wasn't gutted for you though.

I see Ayr finished last season comfortably above Morton, and beat you at the weekend too.  Ouch.