The Partick Thistle thread

8 minutes ago, dave.j said:

1.5M paid off debt.

1m went into a separate company, a company set up to benefit not just the club but the local community. he's effectively shut the door on giving hundreds of local children the opportunity to play football. 

What did the hundreds of local children do before he came along?

His money and he owes nothing to anybody else.

7 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Colin has confirmed he has withdrawn funding but that was surely to be expected after the split between him and his wife. Was she a thistle fan too or was it purely Colin splashing the cash?

Was he a Thistle fan?

in the last 6 years, i haven't heard a single fan say, aye, big colin? aye he sat behind me in the jackie husband. mind colin, used to be out selling save the jags tickets every hour god sent. aye colin, the lad that travelled up from largs for the league cup final in 71, you remember colin? dancing in the fountain in metz....

Colin Weir, the guy who allowed his name to be emblazoned across a Stand, rather than give that honour to a former player or manager? aye, huge fan.

this horseshit...this pish...

One of the claims made in the Herald piece has been refuted, but two have been proven to be true, right?

And people have been claiming that the training ground's been a dead duck for moons, but your man Beattie told the Jags Trust that it was a still a "work in progress"?

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Surely the concerning thing is that the deficit is only partly out by the Fitzpatrick and Lindsey money. 

Taken at face value your new board has been left a right mess and they are trying to get a grip on the situation. 

This was my main take away as well. I know they said "significant deficit" but it must have been massive if the Fitzpatrick and Lindsay deals have only made a dent in it.

As for anyone ripping Colin Weir; he can do whatever he likes with his money and has already done plenty to help Partick Thistle. Churlish in the extreme to paint it as him going in the huff or stopping wains playing football.

1 minute ago, Nizzy said:

One of the claims made in the Herald piece has been refuted, but two have been proven to be true, right?

And people have been claiming that the training ground's been a dead duck for moons, but your man Beattie told the Jags Trust that it was a still a "work in progress"?

just one of the claims?

which one?

1.5M paid off debt.
1m went into a separate company, a company set up to benefit not just the club but the local community. he's effectively shut the door on giving hundreds of local children the opportunity to play football. 
Could Thistle Weir be rebranded 'Weir Football Academy' with the pathway to Partick Thistle removed, but the door remaining open to kids who want to play football?

26 minutes ago, dave.j said:

1.5M paid off debt.

I’m sure the billionaires on the new consortium will be able to afford to do that then from now on

3 minutes ago, Nizzy said:
26 minutes ago, dave.j said:
1.5M paid off debt.

Could Thistle Weir be rebranded 'Weir Football Academy' with the pathway to Partick Thistle removed, but the door remaining open to kids who want to play football?

It could. it would take a lot of restructuring, their registered offices being moved etc. but yes, if he cares that much about the community, it could be done.

20 minutes ago, Lex said:

Only one place Partick Thistle go from here, and that’s back to the seaside leagues.

What a wee shame.

Yeah, I’m sure billionaire businessman Chien Lee is investing his money so that his new club can play in the third tier of Scottish football.

Would imagine thats the end of Scott Allison and the TWA coaches as well, unless the funding he supplied carries on for a while after this. At the moment there are no feelgood stories around all this, even Gerry Collins has been brought out of retirement by Scotland Today to say he is worried about the club😱

Edited by Sting777

6 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I’ve no idea neither will you, but since you have highlighted how much all the kids will miss out then it would be nice to think these billionaires will take it on

hmmmm ok