Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ad Lib said:

You do realise that was by some distance McCall’s worst season and the one in which he was belatedly sacked, right?

Wasn’t sacked because of results. In fact he maintains he resigned. Looking back aside from the second place finish we were a pretty much mid table team under him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take away Cardle and we’re fucking shite up front.
We either need the takeover to happen or for the current board to let Caldwell sign some players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, third lanark said:

Wasn’t sacked because of results. In fact he maintains he resigned. Looking back aside from the second place finish we were a pretty much mid table team under him

For all practical purposes he was sacked. I remember that season well. 4-1 drubbing at home to Dunfermline near enough the final nail in the coffin. The idea people weren’t saying from quite early on that season that the wheels were coming off is... revisionism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone wanting answers (hopefully) about just what exactly is going on at the club (buses, finances, no more players.....doubt they will be able to talk about the takeover) get up to Firhill next Saturday for the open day. I think the Q&A with Caldwell and a board member starts at 3.30pm. Its time the fans got some answers!!

Edited by Sting777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Anyone wanting answers (hopefully) about just what exactly is going on at the club (buses, finances, no more players.....doubt they will be able to talk about the takeover) get up to Firhill next Sunday for the open day. I think the Q&A with Caldwell and a board member starts at 3.30om. Its time the fans got some answers!!

They can ask, but will they get answers? Historically our boards tend to ignore the fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

They can ask, but will they get answers? Historically our boards tend to ignore the fans.

Might be difficult to ignore coming on the back of an almost certain defeat on Friday. Fans need to know if Caldwell is being denied further signings. Rumour mill was suggesting Hall and Rudden were being lined up and they are exactly what we need defensively and up front. If we have to run with the current squad, the minute the inevitable injuries and suspensions kick in we will be up shit creek!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Might be difficult to ignore coming on the back of an almost certain defeat on Friday. Fans need to know if Caldwell is being denied further signings. Rumour mill was suggesting Hall and Rudden were being lined up and they are exactly what we need defensively and up front. If we have to run with the current squad, the minute the inevitable injuries and suspensions kick in we will be up shit creek!!

While I agree with the playing side of things, off field the board can shroud their answers in a multitude of things, mainly this takeover talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, third lanark said:

Since you made the point about Caldwell being in charge for a year and producing a draw on opening game of season- McCall had been charge for over 3 years when we had the Raith result. Technically he’s not been in charge a year- he inherited a garbage squad and was only January when he could bring in his own signings. Since he has we have lost at most 3 or 4 games in 2019. If that’s how the board are going to judge managers then better be prepared for a constant flow of managers in and out of Firhill in future.

at the end of the day we won our league cup group including finishing ahead of the premier league team so job done. Archie was under no pressure with how we performed in the league cup last year so there won’t be any on someone who got us top

Are you kidding? Archie was (rightly) under huge pressure last year from the off. I remember some of the reactions at games and online following the League Cup games and they weren’t good. That was fuelled by the performances and results of the previous season. The performances and results - while picking up - under Caldwell so far have been extremely unconvincing, so it’s absolutely natural that he will be under pressure.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

❤️💛

0AF8A61F-D27A-4679-AEDA-813589A100D2.thumb.jpeg.bb93ea2cd9f5ef08f39e823f0c75cae6.jpeg

Loved Joe’s determination when going for the rebound to fire it home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

❤️💛

0AF8A61F-D27A-4679-AEDA-813589A100D2.thumb.jpeg.bb93ea2cd9f5ef08f39e823f0c75cae6.jpeg

Loved Joe’s determination when going for the rebound to fire it home.

Love the strip combo 😍 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
For all practical purposes he was sacked. I remember that season well. 4-1 drubbing at home to Dunfermline near enough the final nail in the coffin. The idea people weren’t saying from quite early on that season that the wheels were coming off is... revisionism.
You don't remember that season any where near as well as you think you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the squad just now we're about the same level as we were at the end of last season: good enough to stay out of bother at minimum and top end maybe 3rd or 4th.

I wouldn't say a draw away to Alloa is inconsistent with the idea of a push for the play-offs, but we should have a better idea if Caldwell's ability to meet that target about a quarter of the way in. That won't stop yer da's piling in after the first game though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

Looking at the squad just now we're about the same level as we were at the end of last season: good enough to stay out of bother at minimum and top end maybe 3rd or 4th.

I wouldn't say a draw away to Alloa is inconsistent with the idea of a push for the play-offs, but we should have a better idea if Caldwell's ability to meet that target about a quarter of the way in. That won't stop yer da's piling in after the first game though. 

My worry is we are without 3 midfielders and Alex Jones and De Vita still seemingly getting up to speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My big fear is the way our full backs were left without cover the entire game.

We've al! thought the big problem lay up front but at the moment an obviously weak defence is receiving absolutely no support from a midfield which doesn't seem to know the basics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My big fear is the way our full backs were left without cover the entire game.

We've al! thought the big problem lay up front but at the moment an obviously weak defence is receiving absolutely no support from a midfield which doesn't seem to know the basics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My big fear is the way our full backs were left without cover the entire game.
We've al! thought the big problem lay up front but at the moment an obviously weak defence is receiving absolutely no support from a midfield which doesn't seem to know the basics
Yous are poor all over the park

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, John MacLean said:
20 hours ago, Ad Lib said:
For all practical purposes he was sacked. I remember that season well. 4-1 drubbing at home to Dunfermline near enough the final nail in the coffin. The idea people weren’t saying from quite early on that season that the wheels were coming off is... revisionism.

You don't remember that season any where near as well as you think you do.

f**k me I see what you mean. Mea culpa and all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Anyone wanting answers (hopefully) about just what exactly is going on at the club (buses, finances, no more players.....doubt they will be able to talk about the takeover) get up to Firhill next Saturday for the open day. I think the Q&A with Caldwell and a board member starts at 3.30pm. Its time the fans got some answers!!

Well I havent seen it anywhere officially but if a poster on WAT is to be believed, the agenda for the open day has been changed!! Looks like the board member has nothing to say or discuss!!!

 

 

"15:00 – Meet the Manager in the Alan Rough Lounge for a question and answer session."

...and there's your last minute change of plan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Well I havent seen it anywhere officially but if a poster on WAT is to be believed, the agenda for the open day has been changed!! Looks like the board member has nothing to say or discuss!!!

 

 

"15:00 – Meet the Manager in the Alan Rough Lounge for a question and answer session."

...and there's your last minute change of plan!

Well!! I'm staggered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Well I havent seen it anywhere officially but if a poster on WAT is to be believed, the agenda for the open day has been changed!! Looks like the board member has nothing to say or discuss!!!

 

 

"15:00 – Meet the Manager in the Alan Rough Lounge for a question and answer session."

...and there's your last minute change of plan!

It's from Twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...