The Partick Thistle thread

Thing I dont understand is how can you run up a massive deficit if, as we have been told, we have no overdraft or banking facilities!!.  Was Colin Weir our go to man for overdraft facilities? Also a major worry now is getting players to join a club which 24 hours earlier was branded a shambles, couldnt afford a bus and had slashed the managers budget. Players read papers!! Everything now points directly at Low for the McGarry article. If it is her, she is a total disgrace!!

Edited by Sting777

2 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Thing I dont understand is how can you run up a massive deficit if, as we have been told, we have no overdraft or banking facilities!!.  Was Colin Weir our go to man for overdraft facilities? Also a major worry now is getting players to join a club which 24 hours earlier was branded a shambles, couldnt afford a bus and had slashed the managers budget. Players read papers!! Everything now points directly at Low for the McGarry article. If it is her, she is a total disgrace!!

1. it would certainly seem that's where the deficit was going to be covered. no other option i can think of. 

2. i think it says a lot about the person who leaked this horseshit, their motives and their disregard for the impact it would have on the Club as a whole. It says more about the folk who swallowed this pish and spent the last 24hours pissing their pants about it.

30 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Pretty much confirms that the Herald/Evening Times article was a hatchet job from Low and reiterates previous statements which have made clear in no uncertain terms that the club was mismanaged while under her stewardship. These aren't new bits of information to any Thistle fan.

Until the audited accounts are received we will not see anything at all as to whether it’s been mismanaged or not. All I’m seeing is a previous board and current board slagging each other off - which is making the club a bit laughable IMO

55 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Bet Ally Roy leaked the false info

He had the last 24 minutes of the match at Firhill to access the offices and send an e-mail to the Herald as a "Firhill insider!

He has form.

"66’Airdrieonians substitution: Euan O'Reilly replaces Ally Roy".

2 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Until the audited accounts are received we will not see anything at all as to whether it’s been mismanaged or not. All I’m seeing is a previous board and current board slagging each other off - which is making the club a bit laughable IMO

I see a bitter old board with egg on their face getting called out for the shambles they were. trying to through mud at the old board and finding it just flying straight back at them.

the best thing the old board can do now is walk away and let the adults get on with it

Someone's definitely at it with the figures as well btw, either the Low board have budgeted disastrously (£700k on top of normal revenues from Fitz and Lindsay- even if not in a lump sum most of it must be due within 12 months) on a scale that suggests someone forgot a decimal point, or the new board are at it with the statement saying so.

Looking forward to the Dundee Utd fans being in the Chien Lee stand on Friday night.

14 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

And the latest from #teamLow (please don't take that as a serious hashtag)

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/17819740.colin-weir-confirms-withdrawal-financial-support-partick-thistle/

How much would it cost to buy the majority shareholding? He is wealthy enough to have bought the club, keep his pal in her job and run the club as he pleased. CW or CL? I would probably have preferred CW as a hands on owner. Time will tell whether this is a good or disastrous move for the club!!

4 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

If only there had been a way for Colin Weir to spend some of the £2.5m invested in the club to prevent someone that he doesn't want coming in and taking over.

1.5M paid off debt.

1m went into a separate company, a company set up to benefit not just the club but the local community. he's effectively shut the door on giving hundreds of local children the opportunity to play football. 

8 minutes ago, dave.j said:

1.5M paid off debt.

1m went into a separate company, a company set up to benefit not just the club but the local community. he's effectively shut the door on giving hundreds of local children the opportunity to play football. 

What did the hundreds of local children do before he came along?

His money and he owes nothing to anybody else.