21 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

With that choice of testimonial opponent I'm now team Caldwell.

I heard this was the option from the testimonial meeting earlier in the year. Only 6 folk turned up apparently.

Unlikely to get any club sides and they were hoping to get Larsson to but a few extra on the gate.

Hopefully he gets a good turnout nonetheless.

I believe the arse cheeks charge a fair sum to send along their under 19s these days and something like this is likely to get the most bums on seats. 

Would assume the golf days etc make almost as much money as these matches once costs are taken care of. 

The choice of opposition makes the game as unappealing as possible, but the peasants should travel in decent numbers.

All the more giro money for the Doolan coffers.

His book should be called -
Kris Doolan. 10 years a traitor.

13 hours ago, Cerberus said:

His book should be called -
Kris Doolan. 10 years a traitor.

Jesus f**k

Moneyball is all about using data instead of conventional wisdom. That data just doesn't exist at our level of football so I'm really not sure what folk are on about when they talk about applying Moneyball to Thistle.

It can’t be applied to footballl. Just like that xG nonsense which was fortunately short lived, you can’t apply numbers to a sport with so many variables.

Even if you were to try and do that, it takes years of collecting data, teams of scouts and legions of data analysts to implement. There are no clubs with the budget or the capacity to do that in Scottish football.

And to that the fact that idiot journalists seem to think it means “throwing money at players”, and you can safely ignore anything that proclaims to be be Scottish football’s moneyball.

8 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

It can’t be applied to footballl. Just like that xG nonsense which was fortunately short lived, you can’t apply numbers to a sport with so many variables.

I think you'll find that xG is still used extensively, and is in fact quite basic compared to some of the other variables that are currently being used. 

Horrible to hear.
I hope the guy is ok.

45 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Horrible to hear.
I hope the guy is ok.

Horrible to witness as well. A few people around the fella were in tears. The guy that administered CPR deserves a medal. His quick thinking has probablly saved the fella’s life

Edited by Sting777

7 minutes ago, Bill1948 said:

Turns out the hero was Lewis Mansells father.

Seriously? If so he deserves a medal!

Because he's a footballer's father?
I'm sure that's not what he meant.

Watched our highlights back there to see how long it was from us scoring a goal to fucking things up again.

After we scored the first goal I counted 11 seconds until it was in the net for an equaliser, and after us making it 2-2 it was only 15 seconds before the ref had blown for a penalty to Accies. That’s really, really poor.

A big well done to the Thistle fan that tended the guy I hope he is okay things like that should bring football fans together.