Alex Jones played for us in Ireland last week. I was underwhelmed. He might have been alright as a squad filler to act as third or fourth choice but looked well off what I was hoping Saints would be signing.

14 minutes ago, Radford said:

Alex Jones played for us in Ireland last week. I was underwhelmed. He might have been alright as a squad filler to act as third or fourth choice but looked well off what I was hoping Saints would be signing.

^^^ raging

<<< 

Spoiler

imgur_reaction.gif.f7bb992c20b9c3198f4fe9444764ab5c.gif

He could be fine if he's what Caldwell is looking for, maybe someone to play 15 games or something. I just didn't see him as a starting striker, certainly at our level and presumably in the Championship as well. 

It works!

20190713_162541.thumb.jpg.6b87890e623f96f6000b27a0baef3f37.jpg

So Kenny Miller is pish, we know that.

Shit first half, better 2nd half. Liked seeing Cardle have a go at goal fairly often, and aye Miller was pretty pish.

Couple new attacking players in next week I’ve heard.

39 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

So Kenny Miller is pish, we know that.

I thought he was pretty good overall. Definitely unlucky not to get at least one goal.

14 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

I see Kris Doolan scored a brace for Ayr today, maybe we should look at him up front?

...against a lowland league team who Ayr pumped 7-0. 

Fair play to him but people really need to move on as Kris has done.

48 minutes ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

Shit first half, better 2nd half. Liked seeing Cardle have a go at goal fairly often, and aye Miller was pretty pish.

Couple new attacking players in next week I’ve heard.

But are they any good the attacking players? One of them signed today? Alex Jones - admittedly never really heard of him, sounds like a bit of a gamble compared to the talk of we will get Rudden or White a month ago

I only know 1 Alex Jones. A very successful right winger.

Slight weight issue though 

Well that was a boot in the knackers. Backed Anderson for 1st goal in every game when he joined and had success at 40/1 and 33/1. Decided to swap to Tam this season and bingo in his first game back he scores 1st. Only problem was Skybet werent doing goalscorers for BF Cup today!!! Re game. Thought we lacked pace, defence looked dodgy, we need a guy that is gonna get us double figure goals and I cant see Miller and Mansell doing that though I thought Miller was OK today. O’Ware obviously got MOTM because of the goal but for me Cardle was the clear winner of that!!

Thought the defence was fine - the central defenders anyway. Gordon and Mansell were pretty anonymous. Palmer looked decent I thought, Galasso too, although he should’ve buried his header. Their goalkeeper pulled off a few great saves and I thought their #7 was good.

Kris Doolan has scored infinity percent more goals than Partick Thistle in this competitive season.

Just saying.

26 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Well that was a boot in the knackers. Backed Anderson for 1st goal in every game when he joined and had success at 40/1 and 33/1. Decided to swap to Tam this season and bingo in his first game back he scores 1st. Only problem was Skybet werent doing goalscorers for BF Cup today!!! Re game. Thought we lacked pace, defence looked dodgy, we need a guy that is gonna get us double figure goals and I cant see Miller and Mansell doing that though I thought Miller was OK today. O’Ware obviously got MOTM because of the goal but for me Cardle was the clear winner of that!!

It was an own goal anyway, wouldn’t have won the bet even if you were able to put it on.

But yeah, Cardle clearly had a better game than O’Ware.

13 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Kris Doolan has scored infinity percent more goals than Partick Thistle in this competitive season.

Just saying.

200%? Hardly infinitesimal lol

7 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

It was an own goal anyway, wouldn’t have won the bet even if you were able to put it on.

But yeah, Cardle clearly had a better game than O’Ware.

Thank God for that!!

When fit I'd quite like to see Robson get a go ahead of Penrice. It would be another stick to beat Caldwell with for the Thistle loyal seeing a youth player dropped for an outsider.