The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, Cerberus said:

Who the f**k is Davy Mains?

One of our more prominent fans. Runs the Firhill Cup every year, and is always visibly sponsoring something at the club.

He also contributed to that awful re-enactment of the ‘71 Cup win at HT in our pumping off Aberdeen, which might be the most appalling thing that’s ever happened at Firhill. That production, not the result.

Had him down as someone with a bit of an ego, but ultimately harmless. Not any more.

25 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

There are 3 or 4 fans in particular who have taken this takeover particularly badly.

Really poor show from Mains. Always thought he was a harmless happy-clapper, but that’s a disgraceful comment.

I'm enjoying the wee gangs latest rants about the Jags trust.  A fckin odd discussion. 

9 hours ago, Nightmare said:

One of our more prominent fans. Runs the Firhill Cup every year, and is always visibly sponsoring something at the club.

He also contributed to that awful re-enactment of the ‘71 Cup win at HT in our pumping off Aberdeen, which might be the most appalling thing that’s ever happened at Firhill. That production, not the result.

Had him down as someone with a bit of an ego, but ultimately harmless. Not any more.

Aye, he runs the Firhill Cup, and very well I might add.  Seemed a decent guy for that, but that's a highly embarrassing tweet from him.  and if he's even partially responsible for that 71 cup win stuff (I didn't see it, but I'm ashamed by proxy) then...ooft.

I must be missing something, as I can't see where all the excitement is coming from, I see no evidence of chien and co being successful at other clubs, and did we not get rid of directors who do not stand to benefit personally for ones who will make substantial amounts of money if they sell the club down the river, as I said I may be missing something, but I am a bit concerned about what is unfolding, and don't understand where all the positive vibes are coming from.

Interesting contrast on the Official Website News:

Alan Rough - “On behalf of the Partick Thistle Football Club board of directors I would like to thank Alan for everything he has done during his time as a director. Alan will, quite rightly, always be a legend at this club and his contribution both on and off the pitch is, without doubt, above reproach.

“Alan leaves with the best wishes of the board and is always welcome at the club. I sincerely hope that we will see him back at the Energy Check Stadium at Firhill for a match sooner rather than later.”

I don't think anyone else who left the Club recently, was given the same. 😂

“On behalf of the Partick Thistle Football Club board of directors I would like to thank Alan for everything he has done during his time as a director."

So he did something then.
I wonder what it was.

Just now, Walter said:

“On behalf of the Partick Thistle Football Club board of directors I would like to thank Alan for everything he has done during his time as a director."

So he did something then.
I wonder what it was.

Mate!!!!! he turned up to this years Firhill Cup, didn't you know?

20 minutes ago, Mancubus said:

I must be missing something, as I can't see where all the excitement is coming from, I see no evidence of chien and co being successful at other clubs, and did we not get rid of directors who do not stand to benefit personally for ones who will make substantial amounts of money if they sell the club down the river, as I said I may be missing something, but I am a bit concerned about what is unfolding, and don't understand where all the positive vibes are coming from.

Cheesis Aitch Korreist! A sensible football fan. Anyone would think you supported Parti... Oh! Sorry.... Forgot where I was. I'll just grab my coat and head back to Follow Follow.  

27 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Interesting contrast on the Official Website News:

Alan Rough - “On behalf of the Partick Thistle Football Club board of directors I would like to thank Alan for everything he has done during his time as a director. Alan will, quite rightly, always be a legend at this club and his contribution both on and off the pitch is, without doubt, above reproach.

“Alan leaves with the best wishes of the board and is always welcome at the club. I sincerely hope that we will see him back at the Energy Check Stadium at Firhill for a match sooner rather than later.”

I don't think anyone else who left the Club recently, was given the same. 😂

He'll be back. I'm sure we'll play Celtic again soon.

3 minutes ago, Mancubus said:

Where are all these positive vibes and excitement?

Where are all these positive vibes and excitement?
Most folk seem excited by the current goings on, and nobody seems to think it's negative, just don't feel positive myself and was genuinely wondering where the positivity was coming from, and thought I must be missing something.

9 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

Take it there has been a power struggle over the last year or so Gerry Britton next

He's already been stood down as club secretary.

I think as CEO he's in a similar position as Caldwell. If we do okay he'll be fine but if we're struggling after the first quarter of the season he could be on shaky ground.