46 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Appointed by David Beattie after a "rigorous" recruitment process.

So he applied for and accepted the role. Quite different from being put in it.

Edited by dave.j

GC saying in the Jagzone preview video that we’re in talks with 3 players currently. ‘Gerry is still working hard taking talking to players and agents’. I thought he was away or if there a new Gerry somewhere?

No word yet on the CEO or manager so I feel the board need to get behind them as the league cup starts tomorrow and we're still short on numbers.

Whether you like Caldwell or not I feel he deserves to take us into the new season. Another management change at this time would be detrimental at this stage of the season.

I guess the same could be said about Britton as he deals with the signings behind the scenes and they did okay in January. 

A new scouting regime in place but not much over the line from them yet.

It's all gone a bit Brexity with everything good about the newish board appointments and everything bad with the old regime. 

Both could be critised over their last season in charge.

Be interesting to see how the players perform tomorrow.

Interesting times...

Edited by jagfox99

33 minutes ago, costa said:

GC saying in the Jagzone preview video that we’re in talks with 3 players currently. ‘Gerry is still working hard taking talking to players and agents’. I thought he was away or if there a new Gerry somewhere?

Are some of these interviews recorded a few days before the game sometimes? 

So perhaps it was recorded on Wednesday evening and Gerry left on the Thursday (not saying that’s the case just a possibility)

Britton is still in place, for now. 

Although his position as Company Secretary has been terminated. I'd assume hes back to being just CEO. 

Edited by dave.j

4 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Appointed by David Beattie after a "rigorous" recruitment process.

His credential being that he scored a cracking volley against Dundee in the Scottish Cup.

Edited by Cerberus

100% the best Thistle goal I've ever seen.

We've got about 15 hours before any kind of optimism gets burst so let's throw this open, best Thistle goals ever, ignoring the context as any goal vs the OF will be worth more than 100 against Clyde if you applied any kind of importance criteria.

1. Britton vs Dundee 

2. SOD vs Dunfermline

3. Stevie PIttman vs Dundee Utd, we lost 3-1 so it doesn't stand out but I genuinely don't think I've seen a ball hit harder on a 30 yard volley, I was behind the goal at the city end and  he scored into the (now) John Lambie end and you could hear the sound of him hitting the ball from 90 yards away

Edited by Fuctifano

SOD v Dundee United 

Erskine v Falkirk 2013 where he chips the keeper after a run and one two

Doolan's run v Hibs

Lindau 3rd goal v Stirling 

Dorrans v Peterhead.

Boab McCulloch hit an absolute screamer of a free kick but I can’t remember who it was against. I mean I know he did it quite a few times but one stands out as an absolute rocket. 

O’Donnell and Forbes’ goals against Dunfermline in the 5-1.

Edited by Slacker

That Dunfermline rout is the closest I've ever came to an erection in a football stadium.

13 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Dorrans v Peterhead.

Boab McCulloch hit an absolute screamer of a free kick but I can’t remember who it was against. I mean I know he did it quite a few times but one stands out as an absolute rocket. 

O’Donnell and Forbes’ goals against Dunfermline in the 5-1.

Horrible night v Peterhead, lit up by Dorrans' goal.

Boab - what a free kick taker 😍

26 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I think it might have been the Morton one, given that was quite a big game that season.

It was mental how there was zero finesse, zero disguise, just "I'm going to hit this as hard as I can at the goalie's side corner and not bother with the wall" yet every goalie took a step behind the wall just in case he suddenly decided to chip one over the wall.

13 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

He's been a pretty shit manager, truth be told.

Booted out club legends because he perceived them as a threat, rather than try to work with them and develop a different role for them at the club.

Finished a mediocre position after significant finances given to strengthen the squad. Completely and utterly failed to develop Archie's squad in the interim.

Also just a bit of an arse.

Sacked from 2 jobs in a row consecutively.

Sacked from 2 jobs in a row consecutively.
In a row and consecutively aye?

Erskine's winner in the promotion season against Airdrie.

Nothing happened all game and then he steps up with magic that cracks the bar.

Sent me into delirium, had no expectations of anything happening and a piece of magic appears.

Peak Erskine moments are impossible to translate to non thistle fans

Edited by SteelJag