1 minute ago, Hammer Jag said:

Britton is away.

Does this mean we've gone full Brexit?

2 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Britton is away.

Where has this good news come from? 

Britton is away.

Fantastic. I’ve said that I won’t be buying a season ticket until Low, Britton and Caldwell get to f**k. Two down, one to go.

1 hour ago, GrahamJags said:

Fantastic. I’ve said that I won’t be buying a season ticket until Low, Britton and Caldwell get to f**k. Two down, one to go.

So just what has Caldwell done to annoy you?

1 hour ago, GrahamJags said:

Quite interesting that this week's latest statement basically says last week's statement was a pack of lies. 

Looks like rather than their promise of doing PR better after a year spent looking like clowns crossing a minefield, Jacqui and Gerry turned to making stuff up at the end of their dismal reign.

13 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

That same poster ironically applied for a meet the manager night ticket then started moaning as soon as he got one. Very strange why bother applying in the first place 

32 minutes ago, third lanark said:

That same poster ironically applied for a meet the manager night ticket then started moaning as soon as he got one. Very strange why bother applying in the first place 

To find out first hand if you complete disdain for the ego maniac is justified? 

I don’t really care if Caldwell is a bit of a w****r as long as he’s a good manager and brings the team on within budget and gives young players a chance. All the evidence so far suggests, to me, that he might do this - certainly nothing yet disproves it - so I’m happy enough, albeit he’s certainly burned through any potential goodwill pretty quickly so I’d expect fans to turn on him quickly if results aren’t great.

To find out first hand if you complete disdain for the ego maniac is justified? 

Correct.

I give a shit about what goes on at the club, so obviously I was interested to hear what the manager had to say regardless of whether I like him or not.

47 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Correct.

I give a shit about what goes on at the club, so obviously I was interested to hear what the manager had to say regardless of whether I like him or not.

So what has Caldwell actually done that makes you want him out so much?

32 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

So what has Caldwell actually done that makes you want him out so much?

He's been a pretty shit manager, truth be told.

Booted out club legends because he perceived them as a threat, rather than try to work with them and develop a different role for them at the club.

Finished a mediocre position after significant finances given to strengthen the squad. Completely and utterly failed to develop Archie's squad in the interim.

Also just a bit of an arse.

Caldwell was the perfect manager for the Low era (can we call one season an era? Maybe the ‘Low interlude’ is more appropriate).

He talks a good game and knows all the coaching psycho-babble lingo but is - in my opinion - devoid of substance and of the character that he claims to demand from his players. Yes we went on a good run towards the end of last season, but we should never, ever have been in that position and that we were was (to a considerable although not absolute extent) his fault. 

He failed in his objectives, just like Low failed in hers. He shows no genuine feel for the club (see the treatment of Doolan and Erskine), just like Low (see the statement about club staff losing their jobs and their wages being used to sign more players). 

Now that the Low era/interlude is mercifully over, it makes perfect sense for Caldwell to be punted too. 

Edited by VladimirMooc

Sorry, the Britton away bit, is that just ITK talk or has it been confirmed anywhere?

I have no real opinion on Britton either way, but I did see him in Bishopbriggs Asda once, and he was wearing his long Partick Thistle trackie/sleeping bag coat.  For this alone, he deserves punted.

Also, in other news given we've got an actual game tomorrow just 8 minutes after the end of the season, I see the ticketing website is still utter fucking shite.  Has anyone else been able to add the game to their season ticket?  Buying online seems to want me to choose my seat, and I don't see any option to add it to the card.  

Also pretty annoyed with trying to buy a season ticket for my Dad, finding that the season ticket purchase was offering any sat in the JHS as available (including mine, which I've renewed) and then getting no answer when I contacted them.  Fucking amateur.

7 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

Caldwell was the perfect manager for the Low era (can we call one season an era? Maybe the ‘Low interlude’ is more appropriate).

It'd be good if Low was followed by (promotion) Heroes and (Premiership) Lodger. 

He's been a pretty shit manager, truth be told.

[That's opinion rather than truth]

Booted out club legends because he perceived them as a threat,

[i've no idea what basis you have for that allegation]

rather than try to work with them and develop a different role for them at the club.
Finished a mediocre position after significant finances given to strengthen the squad.

[The performances and results improved after he was able to bring in players]

Completely and utterly failed to develop Archie's squad in the interim.

[i'll give you that one]

Also just a bit of an arse.

[i don't care]