The Jags Trust coming out of nowhere to use their votes to get rid of Low. It'd almost be worth signing up if their membership form on the website worked. :lol:

Hmm, I wonder where this sits - if at all - in the light of the rumoured whirl around smaller shareholders this week.

“There are no guarantees in sport, and nothing is without some risk, but the potential change of ownership appears to offer, at the very worst, nothing which could be regarded as inferior to what we already faced in the season ahead.
In essence, the proposals appear to offer hope where there was very little and potential for progress at a rate which could not otherwise be envisaged.”

I particularly like this part of the Trust’s statement. Basically what many of us have been saying since the takeover rumours started.

The Trust statement seems to amount to "we googled the Chinese guy and his American mate, and the word Moneyball and they seem legit"

"Quite simply, the acquisition of a small area of polluted land , lying beside a canal and well below the water table , in the North - West of a city where brown field sites are available in abundance - makes no sense."

lol'd

10 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

The Trust statement seems to amount to "we googled the Chinese guy and his American mate, and the word Moneyball and they seem legit"

It's the most substantial statement on the matter so far which says more about everyone else involved in this than the Jags Trust. 

The JT statement is fine if not exactly a lesson in brevity.

There are parts I agree with and one part I think is complete and utter bollocks.

They, like so many others, fail to see the difference between being a selling club, which we clearly are, and a feeder club which we are clearly, for now at least, not.

The takeover is clearly happening and could be brilliant but to throw in a disquieting thought I hope those facilitating it, especially if they stand to benefit financially, know (or care) what they are doing.

38 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

The JT statement is fine if not exactly a lesson in brevity.

Was classic Peden, just needed a "vomitorium" in there somewhere. 

New statement up, no takeover this week but says the statement last week was bollocks (paraphrasing) and a formal approach has been made. 

2 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

BANTER.

Decapitation strike. The board's statement pretty much confirms it, and I'm wondering out loud if Colin Weir had a clue what was really happening and if not, why not?

Also, 'why Thistle' is still a bloody mystery. It's like the bugsy kid at school turning up at the summer dance (f**k this 'prom' shit kids are getting) with Miley and Beyonce on his arm. 🤔🙃

Will this mean David Beattie will remain as Chairman if, as expected, the takeover goes ahead? Or is this just a temporary measure until Chien Lee puts his people in charge?

On the one hand, I'm glad Jacqui Low is no longer Chairman, and on the other hand I'm very nervous, possibly excited, about what's ahead.

Was classic Peden, just needed a "vomitorium" in there somewhere. 
New statement up, no takeover this week but says the statement last week was bollocks (paraphrasing) and a formal approach has been made. 
Is Gordon Peden an office bearer of the JT?

The statement is okay aside from the verbosity (it's catching) but there is nothing in it that makes you feel reassured about the takeover if, like me, you have concerns.

A Google search on a couple of people doesn't count as due diligence in my book.

20 minutes ago, Dr Koop said:

Decapitation strike. The board's statement pretty much confirms it, and I'm wondering out loud if Colin Weir had a clue what was really happening and if not, why not?

Also, 'why Thistle' is still a bloody mystery. It's like the bugsy kid at school turning up at the summer dance (f**k this 'prom' shit kids are getting) with Miley and Beyonce on his arm. 🤔🙃

'Why Nice?' and 'Why Barnsley?' are also valid questions - like ourselves, probably cheap and easy clubs to acquire...businessmen are motivated by making money, presumably they see Thistle as something which may help with this.

Also, 'why Thistle' is still a bloody mystery. It's like the bugsy kid at school turning up at the summer dance (f**k this 'prom' shit kids are getting) with Miley and Beyonce on his arm.

I thought they made it clear why they think Thistle. It costs a lot less in Scotland to get a club into Europe than in France or England. And there is a large potential fan base in Glasgow.

Whether this is true or not is another question.

Delighted to see the back Low, she's been full of shit since day one and brought naff all to the club apart from her delusions of self importance. Cheerio.