I think we need 6 more (CB, DM, and 4 attacking players split between CF and wingers), was trying to compare it to last season's summer recruitment which was obviously a total disaster.

For the first LC game last year we had 15 senior players, 3 of which were keepers, plus Fitzpatrick and Wilson in the squad with Keown still frozen out at that point.

As it stands, including the injured Slater we have 16 senior players, 2 of which are keepers with 5 or 6 youths in reserve.

The problem time last year was that from the 4th of July ( a week before the LC) when we signed Craig Slater until the 12th of August, after the 2nd league game, we added Max Melbourne, who was guff, and no-one else. Which, when added to the injuries picked up in the LC games resulted in the infamous situation at the Ayr league game on day 1 where the outfield subs were was a guy we didn't want to play and a 17 and 18 year old nether of whom had played a minute in the league between them by that point.

Hopefully the Fitz / Lindsay monies can help avoid a repeat this year.

I’m sure GC knows what needs done, and I’m sure AA did last year - but he couldn’t make it happen so we had a scramble in August. When we look back at last season the model of success for me was Ross County who did all their work early (8 signings by the end of June) and allowed their team to gel through preseason and the cup games. They hit the ground running in August, and boosted their squad with 3 core signings.  The words of GC in the summer made me think that was going to be his approach but unless our squad is going to be light in numbers it appears we will be replicating the AA approach of hoping players settle in quickly after being signed once the competitive games start. 

Problem is that everybody in our division is looking at roughly the same players in a certain wage bracket. I am sure Caldwells intention was to get guys in quickly but if his targets have a three or four club option they tend to hold off for the best offer. Cant be easy. Confident he will get a few in this week and agree that we probably still need another 6 or so to complete the squad

I like GC but has a lot to answer for letting go club stalwarts doolan and erskine, experienced players that thistle need in a tough division.

6 hours ago, gmcg94 said:

I like GC but has a lot to answer for letting go club stalwarts doolan and erskine, experienced players that thistle need in a tough division.

The release of Doolan & Erskine will be a small and distant memory if we are successful this season. If we aren’t then it will be a stick to beat the manager with. I’m sure he knows how big a call it was to make so let’s hope his judgement isn’t ill placed.

Edited by ClydebankJag

Well we had Doolan for the whole of last season and he was poor. Erskine doesn’t seem to be doing particularly well at Livingston. You’re entitled to your opinion but those players have gone, time to move on.

Looking forward to the season ahead and I think GC could be pushing for the title, just think they two players could have done a shift

I can't believe the season is starting next week and we're not even half way through July.

Hopefully 1 or 2 in by Saturday. The scramble for loan players should start soon too.

This article focuses on goal scoring midfielders in the development lesgue from last season.Fitzpatrick is half way down but we have a current player above him.

Rangers seem to be sending a lot of their players down south on loan to create some transfer value. 

Might be a few at the top Premiership teams who could do a job. 

Euan Henderson at Hearts would be a good signing but I'm not sure if he's available?

Courtesy of Donald Wilson: TOW hits the post with this effort as Evan Galasso looks on.

IMG_20190707_210042.thumb.jpg.18d1422382db1f26e473699985961b90.jpg

Happy Metz Day! 

EF7DDA30-7A84-4198-A06F-ED30227C3E5B.jpeg.e716f3cdfd3d84ad79e7b447f1140a36.jpeg

13 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I can't believe the season is starting next week and we're not even half way through July.

Hopefully 1 or 2 in by Saturday. The scramble for loan players should start soon too.

This article focuses on goal scoring midfielders in the development lesgue from last season.Fitzpatrick is half way down but we have a current player above him.

Rangers seem to be sending a lot of their players down south on loan to create some transfer value. 

Euan Henderson at Hearts would be a good signing but I'm not sure if he's available?

I wouldnt read too much into those articles. They rate the "best young midfielders in the country", by ignoring the ones who've been loaned out.

Their goalkeeper list had Jack Hamilton as a better keeper than Joe Lewis FFS.

For those who have Jagzone and watched Caldwell's interview - did he say anything about Gordon's injury?

For those who have Jagzone and watched Caldwell's interview - did he say anything about Gordon's injury?

He took a knock on his ankle...was taken off as a precaution..Hopes it’s not serious and will monitor it over next couple days

Not keen on Fyvie at all. We already have 3 injury prone CMs.

I really don't Euan Henderson would be a good signing for Partick Thistle tbh.

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:
21 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I really don't Euan Henderson would be a good signing for Partick Thistle tbh.

Not up to much m9?

Not keen on Fyvie at all. We already have 3 injury prone CMs.
I must have missed something. Have we been linked with Fyvie?

I must have missed something. Have we been linked with Fyvie?

Apparently played as a trialist for us against Motherwell.

Apparently played as a trialist for us against Motherwell.
Then I'd have to agree with the previous comment about taking on another injury prone midfielder. I thought he'd signed for Cove.