The Partick Thistle thread

Scott Fox is an excellent keeper for the Championship. Over the course of the season, the difference between him and Siegrist or Ridgers was massive. He has his faults, but you’re in the Championship. You aren’t going to get better.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Scott Fox is an excellent keeper for the Championship. Over the course of the season, the difference between him and Siegrist or Ridgers was massive. He has his faults, but you’re in the Championship. You aren’t going to get better.

Never thought he was excellent last time around for us at this level. Generally ok, but had the occasional howler in him and was never the most assured at crosses.

But you’ve had him more recently than us, so fair enough. What were the circumstances in him leaving County; released by the club or his own choice?

Edited by Nightmare

Never thought he was excellent last time around for us at this level. Generally ok, but had the occasional howler in him and was never the most assured at crosses.
But you’ve had him more recently than us, so fair enough. What were the circumstances in him leaving County; released by the club or his own choice?

Seemingly he had a better offer... but he wanted to move back to Glasgow. County offered him a deal.

For what it’s worth, he played every league game last season, and County conceded the fewest goals from crosses. He stays on his line pretty consistently and that’s fine. What you don’t want is someone who sometimes comes and sometimes stays.

Fox is a very decent keeper for this level so I'll be more than happy if he signs.
I can also forgive him making a dick of himself in 2015. There is a strong likelihood that I also made a dick of myself at some point in 2015.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

He would be Ross County number One in the Premiership had he chose to stay.

So I think he is more than good enough and well worth having irrespective if you are in the Premiership or the Championship.

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Fox is a very decent keeper for this level so I'll be more than happy if he signs.
I can also forgive him making a dick of himself in 2015. There is a strong likelihood that I also made a dick of myself at some point in 2015.

I probably did it at 2015 last night

Good signing but I dont think he is coming here to play 2nd fiddle to a youngster. Caldwell made it clear at his “seminar” that Snedders would start the season as No1. Should be interesting!

Edited by Sting777

I'm not sure about this. I'd say like for like it's an upgrade on Hazard (and certainly Bell), and I don't rate Sneddon quite as much as a lot of Thistle supporters.
On the other hand there are more pressing needs and he probably won't be coming cheap (though 4 years of Uncle Roy's largesse might have set him up for life).
Hope he's apologised to the lassie that sponsored him and he was a dick to at the POTY in 2015.
Apologised a day or afterwards. Not his finest moment that's for sure.

Simple question really: is Scott Fox as good a keeper now as he was when he played for us in the Premiership?

Give or take I think the answer to that question is yes.

Therefore good signing.