The Partick Thistle thread

3 minutes ago, Reid said:

Hopefully not.

Screenshot_20190623-125350_Chrome.thumb.jpg.60a623237b9b79e15e51d7b8d54f348a.jpg

Couldn't persuade Boyd to join so has chucked money at Miller, apparently. 

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rudden is off to Livingston.

Your replacement for Doolan is Miller. Apparently be your highest earner 😂

If we could not get Rudden then we should have been looking providing he has recovered from injury at Ryan Hardie- who seemed to score goals okay in the championship 

4 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Thanks for that Agent Scotland 

If I dont add it in I get swarmed from every side by folk claiming I'm trying to be ITK.

The Miller to Partick stuffs been a Twitter rumour for at least a month.

3 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

It's no secret that Caldwell and Miller are close friends as well. I'd be disappointed if we are throwing money at a has been who was massively overrated even at his prime

Miller scores 8 goals last year in a shite Dundee team in a higher league to us. He is definitely worth signing for a year, look at the impact McDonald made and many on this forum were slagging him off before he had kicked a ball.

If we do get Miller we still require another goal scorer or 2 in the squad.

Just now, Vinnyjag said:

Miller scores 8 goals last year in a shite Dundee team in a higher league to us. He is definitely worth signing for a year, look at the impact McDonald made and many on this forum were slagging him off before he had kicked a ball.

Is he worth signing? He's our highest earner by quite a bit and won't be wanting to rip up his contract to be paid buttons. I'd be very, 'meh' towards losing him. I'd be disappointed that we see Doolan as an adequate replacement, more than Miller actually leaving. He spends the majority of his time in central midfield pointing and moaning at others.

Having had this argument with several friends I'm quite comfortable with saying it's not like the McDonald signing. Miller has a goal ratio across his career of worse than one goal every 3 games, including 9 spells outwith the top flight of the country he was in. As I said, overrated even at his prime which was a long time ago

I wouldn’t mind Miller. I don’t think he’s great, but he seems to be a good professional and could be a good player for Mansell and whoever else we sign to learn from, as he has previously played at a very high level.

I wouldn’t want us throwing a lot of money at him though.

Miller is completely done. I hope you do sign him.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I wouldn’t mind Miller. I don’t think he’s great, but he seems to be a good professional

Leaked team lines, and dressing room stories, to the media at Rangers, and has spent his whole time at Dundee talking to those in charge behind the managers back about hiring him.

I'd be stunned if within two months your more ITK posters dont discover hes been speaking to those in charge about how he wants to be a manager and when the time comes how he'd be a great replacement for Caldwell.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Worries with Miller are age (don't care how fit you keep yourself, there's a reason not many 40 year olds play full time football) and I'm sure he's left under a cloud at a few of his clubs, certainly his last spell at Ibrox and the Livi job- wouldn't surprise me at all if he tried to stab Caldwell in the back. 

Edited by Fuctifano

Leaked team lines, and dressing room stories, to the media at Rangers, and has spent his whole time at Dundee talking to those in charge behind the managers back about hiring him.

Apparently aye?

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Apparently aye?

No, those are all fairly concrete stories that most people are aware of.