The Partick Thistle thread

Seen more fucking stupdity about the rainbow kit from some of the younger fans so  far tbh.

The old board  had the cynical and probably correct view it didn't matter what the away top looked like as long as it sold which is why we had the pink camo effort which was hideous but sold out. This'll do the same regardless of how nice the top ends up being.

Agree with that, the camo kit gained a bit of publicity and sold well. Can see this away kit doing the same as it has appeal beyond Thistle fans, if it sells more kits and makes the club more money and some positive PR then fair enough.

Love this from the club. Hopefully not just a PR stunt and in fact a genuine attempt to be more inclusive to the LGBT community. 

Plus anything that creates a seethe among the knuckle dragging homophobic bigots both within our own support and the wider Scottish footbal community gets a thumbs up from me.

Absolutely nothing about the strip has been announced other than the teaser photo. 

Good point. Maybe Partick Thistle are trying to reclaim rainbows from the gays. They’re everybody’s rainbows.

Seriously though, this will be a bizarre kit choice if it has nothing to do with LGBT issues, but assuming it does then well done Partick Thistle, and the social media seethe is glorious.

2 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Ii dont get this rainbow shirt. Yes, we see us as an all inclusive, non bigoted, upstanding, west end luvvy, pym's drinking club, but I wonder if it's just the board gimmicking it to get more sales and public exposure,no bad thing in context, but it just seems a bit cynical.

I would say the rainbow stripes and associated 'we welcome all' message is more than just a gimmick in this world we live in nowadays. 

The only drawback I see is we may alienate the Iranian, Saudi and central African branches of our supporters clubs.

52 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Good point. Maybe Partick Thistle are trying to reclaim rainbows from the gays. They’re everybody’s rainbows.

Seriously though, this will be a bizarre kit choice if it has nothing to do with LGBT issues, but assuming it does then well done Partick Thistle, and the social media seethe is glorious.

Scenes when we reveal that it's nothing to do with LGBT or the like, and the rest of the top is just a massive fucking picture of Bungle.  Zippy on the back of the shorts.

6 minutes ago, forameus said:

Scenes when we reveal that it's nothing to do with LGBT or the like, and the rest of the top is just a massive fucking picture of Bungle.  Zippy on the back of the shorts.

Zippy on the back of the shorts. Thistle are all-in on this kit, eh. :P

Out of the Twitter replies, my favourite was Morton fan posting a gif of a pride flag with the comment “you’ll be flying this at Firhill soon” and someone replied “why would we fly a Morton flag?”

Schoolboy patter.