The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I think season tickets are going on sale soon and the only way to ensure numbers don't collapse is to admit they made a c**t of it. 

She spends half the statement admitting her tenure as chairman has been a massive failure and gives very little reason for believing anything will change. She needs to go. 

What an absolute pile of fucking shite this is. The most in depth communication we have had from any chairman in the last 50 years yet the Firhill malcontents can still find something negative to say.

Unbelievable and if you’re that unhappy with how things are being run or communicated why not contact the club directly instead of  criticising and hiding behind a forum?

3 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

What an absolute pile of fucking shite this is. The most in depth communication we have had from any chairman in the last 50 years yet the Firhill malcontents can still find something negative to say.

Unbelievable and if you’re that unhappy with how things are being run or communicated why not contact the club directly instead of  criticising and hiding behind a forum?

I'll not be taking lectures from anyone who was content with the previous statement about redundancies since it's just part of running a business thanks. 

The length (as in basic word count) of the statement is impressive - unfortunately, the content is mostly wheedling, self-justificatory, passive-aggressive drivel.  At least our PR supremo chairman recognises that the club's PR has been an absolute shambles in almost every way. Sending a massive screed like this out doesn't mean she knows how to do it better, though.

The Doolan bit is annoying too - I thought the major flaw in how it was handled was more about the sudden, brief f-off which KD received out of the blue from Caldwell after ten years of service, rather than how the announcement was made, but according to this it was just carelessly communicated.  Hmmm.

Amazing to think Archibald had a 1m budget yet struggled badly to build a competitive team when others did considerably better with far less resources!

The fact Caldwell will have the same  budget whilst your competitors are all cutting costs could be huge for you.  Its not everything and doesn't guarantee success of course, but would expect you to be in the top 4 quite easily this year as everyone around you tightens their belts!

35 minutes ago, madton said:

Amazing to think Archibald had a 1m budget yet struggled badly to build a competitive team when others did considerably better with far less resources!

Having watched us play and seeing the players brought in, i doubt Archie had a million pound budget

23 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
1 hour ago, dave.j said:
Having watched us play and seeing the players brought in, i doubt Archie had a million pound budget

Chairman Loaw has confirmed that he had exactly that

actually a million averages out about £45k a year for a 20+ man squad.

i just keep harking back to when we won the league and our wage bill was less than £500k and think thats what budgets should be.

1 hour ago, dave.j said:

actually a million averages out about £45k a year for a 20+ man squad.

i just keep harking back to when we won the league and our wage bill was less than £500k and think thats what budgets should be.

Apparently Championship wages were inflated when Hibs, Hearts and The Rangers found themselves down there. A lot of clubs cutting their cloth now right enough.

11 hours ago, jaggyness said:
11 hours ago, jagfox99 said:
I’m not getting the love for this Bet Fred Cup group. I guess it’s the nearest we have to derbies these days? 

Suppose it's what you want from the group, winnable ties and progressing or good days out

I’m not sure it delivers any of those options :lol:

15 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I’m not getting the love for this Bet Fred Cup group. I guess it’s the nearest we have to derbies these days? 

The percentage of Clubs with artificial pitches in the Group is concerning, OK we train on them but, I rarely enjoy watching competitive games on them.