2 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

From my extensive research of typing "Partick" in to twitter, The Sun believe the 3pm signing to be Zak Rudden

Ooft, would take that actually. 

Shea Gordon...

That would've been meh if I hadn't already thought it was Cardle or Rudden. Now it seems like a massive disappointment. 

Not too bad a start to the window and a couple of sugar lumps before the meet the manager gig tonight :lol:

I might be in the minority, but I'm really happy with that.

Shea Gordon is pretty meh, but at the same time having him signed up, along with Bannigan and Slater will hopefully eliminate the possibility of Ntambwe-esque panic buys that Archie was such a fan of.

I think Gordon is decent. With full fitness and a run of games he should keep Harkins out the team.

Fairly happy with that.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Shea Gordon is pretty meh, but at the same time having him signed up, along with Bannigan and Slater will hopefully eliminate the possibility of Ntambwe-esque panic buys that Archie was such a fan of.

Whilst Ntambwe was obviously a proper jobber, we still need to sign that type of CM again - a ballwinner in the middle of the park, which none of Bannigan, Slater, Harkins or Gordon are. Not having one continually left our defence exposed last year.

Williamson cannot defend. Going forward he can be good but it's just not worth having him in the side for long aimless runs up the wing.

15 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Williamson cannot defend. Going forward he can be good but it's just not worth having him in the side for long aimless runs up the wing.

Perhaps we have signed him as a winger *shrugs*

It seems he was well liked by Dunfermline fans.

Hopefully Caldwell can get the best out of him.

56 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Whilst Ntambwe was obviously a proper jobber, we still need to sign that type of CM again - a ballwinner in the middle of the park, which none of Bannigan, Slater, Harkins or Gordon are. Not having one continually left our defence exposed last year.

If, as it looks, Caldwell is looking for a left back maybe Penrice is being lined up for defensive midfield role.

Just now, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

If, as it looks, Caldwell is looking for a left back maybe Penrice is being lined up for defensive midfield role.

Caldwell having previously said he doesn't think its his best position, this is highly likely. It's not like we are short of centre mids who can't tackle.

8 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

I think Penrice would probably be a better CM than LB, but even if he does end up as a midfielder, he still wouldn’t address the ballwinner issue, as he’s not that type of player either.

Ryan's a great lad, good honest guy but he's a poor player. I hope the fresh start works for him and he gets some form back, however he's been rotten since his two bad injuries (understandable). Only time he really had an impact over the last while was if we were playing lower league opposition or were 3/4 goals up.

Hope Williamson does well, only seems to play well with Higgy in front of him and even then it's been a poor season for him. Do you play a 5 at the back because playing him in a 4 will be a disaster for your defence, but he would be an attacking threat playing wing back. Give him confidence and he'll get up the park maybe you'll improve his delivery and will be an exciting player for you. If he makes a mistake then pray noone goes bat shit mental at him because he will go into hiding.