The Partick Thistle thread

7 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Brief points and I was up the back so some things were difficult to hear so might be subject to a small alteration or two

Doolan stated he wanted to be a full time footballer and that he couldnt do coaching when he was at another club ....quote from Jelly Britton

“I judged Erskine from Oct to Dec and Doolan from Oct to May and they just didnt do enough, I stand or fall by these decisions”

Very happy with budget. Unbelievably we only spent 1/3rd of the allocated January budget despite paying loads of players off.

Hopes to have another 3/4 in for start of pre season over and above Williamson and Gordon

Delay in training ground but will still go ahead

O’Ware will be fit for start of the season

Snedders will start as No 1 next season

No reserve league team next season. They will play Glasgow Cup games and friendlies.

Coulibaly constantly late for training, didnt attend functions, didnt train well. Manager lost patience with him

Personally thought Caldwell came across really well and have renewed enthusiasm for next season

Was there any genuine insight? 

1 minute ago, dave.j said:

Was there any genuine insight? 

About what? He did a presentation/slide show on how the team improved from January. That took up about 45 minutes then we had about 25 minutes of questions. Was glowing about Scott McDonald’s contribution

11 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Was there anything on how the Doolan situation was handled?

That was asked but surprise, surprise the mike was a bit dodgy. Someone else might be able to clarify but Caldwell stated that Thursday was one of his worst ever managerial days as he knew how the fans felt about the player but he has made the decision and he will be judged on that next season. Stated that performances from when Squidy left probably  showed he called that one right. Was absolutely glowing about Skippy’s contribution. Stated that he had never seen him fitter than he was in his 3 months at Firhill

Edited by Sting777

9 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Was there anything on how the Doolan situation was handled?

Gerry Britton said it could have been handled better. Said he's spoken to Dools and he has clubs lined up.

GC felt he could only judge him on October to May and felt he didnt give enoigh or score enough goals which Kris would admit himself.

3 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Gerry Britton said it could have been handled better. Said he's spoken to Dools and he has clubs lined up.

GC felt he could only judge him on October to May and felt he didnt give enoigh or score enough goals which Kris would admit himself.

Gerry also said the fans will have a great opportunity to honour the player for his service when his testimonial takes place 

Doolan will be just fine. Everyone involved is grown up enough to see the logic in what happened. 

I wasn't there but it comes across as no surprise that Caldwell came across well.  Having only read about the new signing from titbits on here and having no knowledge of the player, I am sure Caldwell sees a player there and can develop him. 

11 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Gerry also said the fans will have a great opportunity to honour the player for his service when his testimonial takes place 

It'll be interesting to see how many turn up for it. There were only 6 folk at the testimonial meeting held recently.

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

It'll be interesting to see how many turn up for it. There were only 6 folk at the testimonial meeting held recently.

Wouldn't think there's any reason to worry about the attendance at his testimonial. Especially given what's happened in the past couple of weeks, but even if he was still going to be a Thistle player I'd think there will be a very good turnout.

Talked a lot about things he did to address the problems and gave a lot of statistical evidence and video footage to back up his arguments. Not pressing hard enough, letting teams counter too easy on us, felt the team was being overworked in training earlier in the season. I was near the back so couldn't quite see some of the exact statistics and the mic was pish, but that was the gist of it from what I remember in addition to the mentioned above.  Very thorough on the preparation of the team during the week in the run up to a game. Went through some of the characteristics hes look for in players coming to the club and spoke a bit about the pre-season. It was decent enough from him, not the typical slideshow fest.  Handled the thistle das well.

Edited by Firhill_Basin

4 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Anything mentioned about the futures of  Spittal, Cardle and Bell? (in terms of a release in the latter’s case)

Offers to Joe and Blair. Sneddon confirmed as #1 going into the season. No mention of Bell.