The Partick Thistle thread

5 hours ago, jaggyness said:
5 hours ago, Walter said:
It seemed to be based on no more than Miller's friendship with Caldwell but I would be more than happy to see him at Firhill next season.

I absolutely wouldn't want Miller at firhill next season. Can't get in a rotten Dundee team and long past his best. When you look at his scoring record as well it isn't actually that good

You could have said similar about McDonald's time at Dundee United to be fair, and indeed many did. 

I'd be all for signing Miller, on the condition that we keep hold of McDonald and Anderson and puff out an absolute shanner of a promotion via fourth spot, with points total of 50 and an average squad age of 38.

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Surprised you’ve bothered to show up in this thread after yet another year of miserably failing to predict the outcome of a Partick Thistle season, you utter fucking zoomer.

Whats bizarre is I don't know of any Thistle fan who has genuine ill-will towards St. Mirren or even vice versa from St. Mirren fans, its two similar sized clubs in the same geographical area dominated by the bigot brothers. Apart from this pleb who spends most of his life on here having a ham shank every time the team we play wins a throw in near our goal.

If you go by the Jagzone interview with Skippy, it looks unlikely he will be with us next season. He has loved his time so much he intends to play on. When questioned if that will be at Firhill he said “we will see” then stated that there maybe a very attractive other option open to him. Wonder if he maybe has a player/manager job lined up (maybe something like Morton) Anyway, no matter what happens he has went from a wee shit to a Jags legend in 3 months. Honestly think we would be in Falkirks position now if it hadnt been for him.

2 hours ago, Firhill_Basin said:

Whats bizarre is I don't know of any Thistle fan who has genuine ill-will towards St. Mirren or even vice versa from St. Mirren fans, its two similar sized clubs in the same geographical area dominated by the bigot brothers. Apart from this pleb who spends most of his life on here having a ham shank every time the team we play wins a throw in near our goal.

The Cicero Kid, Nobbie Bobson or Robbie Bobson. Guy is a twat and should be ignored. Still a good chance his club could be a one season wonder and be joining us next season, so not sure why he is always concentrating on firing his shit at us. I would be more worried by my own clubs plight!!

Edited by Sting777

The rumour doing the rounds on the bus home yesterday was that McDonald has a player/coach role sewn up at an Aussie club plus a job as a pundit.

He's been phenomenal. Who was the last Thistle player to make such a big impact in such a short space of time?

Congrats on survival. Well deserved, Caldwell looked like the wrong man initially but he certainly turned it round. McDonald & Anderson were great signings. 

Did I hear it correctly that the players picked the team yesterday? 

46 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

The rumour doing the rounds on the bus home yesterday was that McDonald has a player/coach role sewn up at an Aussie club plus a job as a pundit.

He's been phenomenal. Who was the last Thistle player to make such a big impact in such a short space of time?

Lyle Taylor? Skippy has been an outstanding signing and his spirit is infectious. I’d love to have him for another season but if he does move on I can only wish him all the best.

Who was the other striker that always get some Jags fans frothing by his mere presence, resulting in constant abuse until he more often than not bangs in a goal against us? 

ANNOUNCE KRIS BOYD :angel

Would not want Kenny Miller at all. Don't think he's the right kind of player for our dressing room, plus he's ancient. Would be delighted to keep McDonald, seems to be a massive influence for us and his goals have been absolutely vital for us. Can't see him staying either, although what might tempt him as he's said, he's really enjoying playing football again and said it's not about the money but his own happiness... So maybe. 

8 hours ago, AMMjag said:

I'd be all for signing Miller, on the condition that we keep hold of McDonald and Anderson and puff out an absolute shanner of a promotion via fourth spot, with points total of 50 and an average squad age of 38.

I think theres a decent chance, now you've confirmed your safety, that you'll keep Anderson. He still has a year on his contract though.

You wouldnt want Miller, hes absolutely finished and spends more time behind his midfielders than in attack, seems to believe hes some great playmaker.

People wanting Kenny Miller are surely on the wind up?

He’d be an improvement on Ally Roy and Lewis Mansell, and he has scored 7 goals in a fucking terrible Dundee side this season.

I still don’t really want him though, especially if McDonald stays. Depends who else is available.

22 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

How did Cardle get on for you?

He generally played well, and despite limited appearances still managed 3 goals and a few assists.

Would definitely have him back next year if possible.

He’d be an improvement on Ally Roy and Lewis Mansell, and he has scored 7 goals in a fucking terrible Dundee side this season.

I still don’t really want him though, especially if McDonald stays. Depends who else is available.

We should go for Blair Henderson from Edinburgh City.

I’ve seen Blair Henderson play a couple of times this season, and he’s basically just a lower league Kris Boyd. Can’t recall him ever once doing anything in the build up, just him getting on the end of chances. Considering how poor we have been at actually creating chances, I’m not sure he’d be any good for us.

That and I think he’s meant to have a pretty good job outside football, so may not be wanting to go full time.