The Partick Thistle thread

What is with the influx of teenagers that have started standing right up the back of the JL? Absolute roasters. First time I have ever seen a steward praised at a game when he came up to stop them sitting on the poles. One moron seemed to spend most of the game sitting behind a flag.

1 hour ago, BdenJag said:

What is with the influx of teenagers that have started standing right up the back of the JL? Absolute roasters. First time I have ever seen a steward praised at a game when he came up to stop them sitting on the poles. One moron seemed to spend most of the game sitting behind a flag.

They've been at it for a few weeks now.

Bunch of wee dafties trying to impress their mates by climbing as high as possible up the back of the stand and shouting out stupid things, but not actually bothered about watching the game.

I've been thinking about how to say this after watching the game again, agonised over what words to use, how to put it as eloquently as possible, so forgive me if this doesn't come out right.

f**k Miles Storey.  f**k everything he stands for.  f**k his one-dimensional Sonic the Hedgehog "GOTTAGOFAST" play-style.  f**k his complete lack of any kind of being able to do the simple thing.  He's.  Fucking.  Useless.

On 26/04/2019 at 07:33, jagfox99 said:

03915D3E-69E9-4304-A1BD-2D7818C30863.jpeg.f1b742cc776bdf67efb5302968d58e3e.jpeg

From zero to hero and back to zero again. Dont think I have ever seen a guy that is 6-4 be constantly outjumped by a striker that is about 5-9. MOTM....jeez hospitality must have been good!!

Bring back the u16's ban in the North stand imho. Stand right at my bit and it's fucking infuriating.

15 hours ago, forameus said:

I've been thinking about how to say this after watching the game again, agonised over what words to use, how to put it as eloquently as possible, so forgive me if this doesn't come out right.

f**k Miles Storey.  f**k everything he stands for.  f**k his one-dimensional Sonic the Hedgehog "GOTTAGOFAST" play-style.  f**k his complete lack of any kind of being able to do the simple thing.  He's.  Fucking.  Useless.

He actually started okay with some decent work holding and passing on the ball to Cardle before Joe crossed in for Gordon. 

Sadly, like those other other two he disappeared like vegan sausage rolls out of the Greggs on Byres Road!

Not disagreeing with overall of the post as he goes beyond frustrating at times but then most of those players do at time over the course of the season and they all were poor yesterday, imo.

Does McDonald have a bigger influence than thought on those playing around him?

Anyone watching Miles Storey and thinking that there’s any hint of a footballer there must be fucking at it. He is utter dogshit. He can run fast and that is it. Horrible first touch, cant stay onside, makes horrific runs off the ball, can’t kick a ball properly, the list goes on. Utterly horrendous.

12 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:
On 27/04/2019 at 20:21, BdenJag said:

Bring back the u16's ban in the North stand imho. Stand right at my bit and it's fucking infuriating.

Told the boys who started standing in our bit, the other week, it was time for them to move on. 

19 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

He actually started okay with some decent work holding and passing on the ball to Cardle before Joe crossed in for Gordon. 

Sadly, like those other other two he disappeared like vegan sausage rolls out of the Greggs on Byres Road!

Not disagreeing with overall of the post as he goes beyond frustrating at times but then most of those players do at time over the course of the season and they all were poor yesterday, imo.

Does McDonald have a bigger influence than thought on those playing around him?

I was thinking during the game that at least we now have a yardstick for exactly how good Scott McDonald is.  I don't think it would have been the same story had he been playing.  

I was thinking during the game that at least we now have a yardstick for exactly how good Scott McDonald is.  I don't think it would have been the same story had he been playing.  

Exactly this.

Storey, to be as fair as possible, was far from the worst player for us on Saturday. The whole defence were a rabble, Harkins was absolutely abysmal, I don’t think Spittal played well, Fitzpatrick was pish when he came on and Gordon was, largely, anonymous. But I think the absence of McDonald, and his replacement with a guy who seems to have very little idea what he’s supposed to do may have contributed to some of the other performances being as poor as they were.

It’s so frustrating because add just a wee bit of footballing ability and Storey would be a huge asset. The ease with which he got through on goal just with his pace for the first one on one he missed was great, but you just know he’s not going to score. Same with the one where he found himself free on the edge of the box and proceeded to not do anything at all with it. To his credit, he did some good stuff on Saturday but it gets cancelled out when he continually picks the wrong option in the final third, or just plain makes an arse of it.

8 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Exactly this.

Storey, to be as fair as possible, was far from the worst player for us on Saturday. The whole defence were a rabble, Harkins was absolutely abysmal, I don’t think Spittal played well, Fitzpatrick was pish when he came on and Gordon was, largely, anonymous. But I think the absence of McDonald, and his replacement with a guy who seems to have very little idea what he’s supposed to do may have contributed to some of the other performances being as poor as they were.

It’s so frustrating because add just a wee bit of footballing ability and Storey would be a huge asset. The ease with which he got through on goal just with his pace for the first one on one he missed was great, but you just know he’s not going to score. Same with the one where he found himself free on the edge of the box and proceeded to not do anything at all with it. To his credit, he did some good stuff on Saturday but it gets cancelled out when he continually picks the wrong option in the final third, or just plain makes an arse of it.

Not even sure how much ability he needs - if he could just cross a ball consistently well into a good area for someone to attack he'd be excellent at this level as a winger. He's miles (ha) away from having all the attributes to be a good forward, but he's generally able to get crosses in when he's played out wide, they're just uniformly terrible.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

24 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Not even sure how much ability he needs - if he could just cross a ball consistently well into a good area for someone to attack he'd be excellent at this level as a winger. He's miles (ha) away from having all the attributes to be a good forward, but he's generally able to get crosses in when he's played out wide, they're just uniformly terrible.

One of his many problems, is he takes every touch with the outside of his right boot. so if he gets a through ball on the right wing or through the middle, he naturally runs away from goal, out wide.

But you can't play him on the left as he's so one footed, he has to cut back onto his right foot to cross it,