The Partick Thistle thread

Peak Thistle on Facebook!

Spoiler

HOW ABOUT DOING SOMETHING RADICAL :-  You may think I'm nuts , but  see what you think . Our team is at the bottom of the league , our team are lacking confidence , some people want the team replaced , some want the manager replaced ( which I have sympathy for ) , some want the board changed , some want the manager to get a transfer window and more time. As supporters there is almost nothing we can do except wait , not attend games  or try to cheer a bit more from the stands which can be hard to do in these circumstances .We'd like to give some of the team a kick in the backside , but can't  so what else is there we could do . I reckon the team  confidence has all but gone , Doolan our great hope for scoring goals has lost his touch  and I reckon our new manager Caldwell may well be very low in confidence too whether we like him or not . If we continue as we are we will fall further adrift , It is unlikely the board will axe Caldwell and we are not going to get a new team in the transfer window  so we are stuck with the manager and most of the team . Now here is the radical suggestion , what if we actively went out of our way to encourage the team and manager  as individuals . How are we going to do that is the next question. If we sent  each of our squad and manager/ coaching staff and encouraging letter or Christmas card  with encouraging personal content  eg to Doolan " It's been a difficult year and a really difficult start to the season , but we know what you're capable of  and we/ I just want to let you know that we're supporting you and I hope you can get back to your old ways soon and get a few goals under your belt , I wish you and your family a Happy Christmas  signed whoever . What do you think . Somebody could make a list of the squad  etc, on FB  where you could select the players etc you wanted to send a card to . Imagine you were one of our players at the moment or the manager , would it not encourage you if you got 20 , 30 or 50 cards all with personal encouragement , would you not feel better for it . Perhaps it could transform the team and management , it could even generate a lot of media interest if it was successful . What do you think ? If you were sending more than one card they could all be sent  together . I would be happy to supply some boxes of Christmas cards . As a support we are not the same as other  teams supporters , this would highlight that difference. If you just think I'm nuts then that's fine,, but mon the Jags :)

I think this is a serious suggestion?

“As a support we are not the same as other teams supporters, this would highlight that difference.”

That, sadly, sums up the attitude of so many Thistle fans. A bunch of wet wipes completely satisfied with everything at the club, regardless of how utterly shite it may be. An absolute disgrace.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

“As a support we are not the same as other teams supporters, this would highlight that difference.”

That, sadly, sums up the attitude of so many Thistle fans. A bunch of wet wipes completely satisfied with everything at the club, regardless of how utterly shite it may be. An absolute disgrace.

In fairness, he's right.  I'm not sure many other supports would bulk buy 200 Christmas cards with "get better at football soon" messages for their players.

Also, my word Facebook fans are the worst.  Craig Gordon and Ikechi Anya signing in January, according to ours.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I could not agree more, this post sums up what a lot of us feel. We are not different, special or any other namby pamby description. We are not happy to accept this ongoing pish and put it down to "it's the Thistle Way" or some other dross. Many of us are raging at what we need to defend every Monday morning as an excuse for our team and I for one willnever back up another dire performance with a laugh about us being Partick Thistle Nil.

Follow up from the Ghost of Christmas future...

It's good that 4 or 5 people see my proposal as a good idea . I'm sure there will be more who think the same , but have made no comment . I do think that players on the whole will be  bothered . To make it professionally as a player in the first place you must be a competitor  and one who wins . To lose week in week out has got to have an effect on the player's confidence . The frailty of their confidence can show when they collapse after conceding a goal although to be fair our defence has been better recently .Time will tell , but you get better response from most people by encouragement than daily criticism . I'll be sending my cards next week :)

you might want to send them a wee selection box as well and maybe a lynx set i think that would help them win a few games

:lol:

Edited by jagfox99