The Partick Thistle thread

10 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Nixon said Ronnie Glavin recommended him and Penistone have a player called Conner Glavin so I’m assuming that’s a relative so that’ll be the one.

Conor's his son.

I for one am very impressed by the communication from the club clarifying the rumours of a takeover/investment which are doing the rounds and being reported on in the press (well, the Daily Heil, anyway). 

We were promised that last year's numerous PR mistakes had been learned from and that the club's PR/comms would be much better from now on, and this is a great start to keeping fans of the club in the loop.

Er....

1 minute ago, VictorOnopko said:

I for one am very impressed by the communication from the club clarifying the rumours of a takeover/investment which are doing the rounds and being reported on in the press (well, the Daily Heil, anyway). 

We were promised that last year's numerous PR mistakes had been learned from and that the club's PR/comms would be much better from now on, and this is a great start to keeping fans of the club in the loop.

Er....

Considering they have a history of reacting to every Twitter rumour, I'm quite surprised at how quiet they've been. 

Er....
They've responded exactly how I would expect them to.

That's not a dig, btw.

5 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Looks like the Spaniards getting involved as well...

Screenshot_20190621-110112.png

I guess that's a routine move and nothing to do with the riches of embarrassment heading the club's way.

2 minutes ago, Dr Koop said:

I guess that's a routine move and nothing to do with the riches of embarrassment heading the club's way.

Good way of improving your pay off if you think a new owner might want you out the door, I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Boring listening to people constantly slating the club.. we are going no where blah blah blah .. what are people actually expecting from us really ?? Some people forget how far we have come from the dark times imo.

The thing to do is to set a measure for success. It has to involve promotion and, for player development, a seven-figure transfer fee. For instance.

12 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Boring listening to people constantly slating the club.. we are going no where blah blah blah .. what are people actually expecting from us really ?? Some people forget how far we have come from the dark times imo.

And if last season is anything to go by, we're kicking off the mediocre times. 

1 hour ago, GrahamJags said:

Graeme McGarry saying we’ve signed ex-Falkirk player Tommy Robson, subject to a medical.

No idea who he is.

Hands up who else took one look at that name and - just for a second - thought, "Poor lad"?

1 minute ago, dave.j said:

And if last season is anything to go by, we're kicking off the mediocre times. 

What do you actually expect.. should we be challenging for Europe ? We are a yo yo club and to be fair it's about as exciting it will get unless there is a lot of investment.

To be fair I quite enjoy the ups and downs it's what makes us who we are lol.

5 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

What do you actually expect.. should we be challenging for Europe ? We are a yo yo club and to be fair it's about as exciting it will get unless there is a lot of investment.

No I dont expect that. I'm aware we are a yo yo club and fully accept that. Hence why I wasnt clamouring for Archie to be sacked, to begin with.

What I do want is to be entertained. To watch enjoyable football. 

1 hour ago, Thistle4eva said:

This one sentence sums up everything that’s wrong with the mentality at our club. Hopefully the imminent changes will bring about a change of thinking.

Edited by Hammer Jag

Graeme McGarry saying we’ve signed ex-Falkirk player Tommy Robson, subject to a medical.

No idea who he is.
good player who was one of the players I was hoping we'd keep. plays left back, is quick with a great cross. should provide good number of assists as an attacking wing back in a back 5. criticised by Falkirk fans for not being great defensively however I haven't seen it myself and if we'd played him every week last season I think we'd have picked up the extra point we needed. his best asset is he actually cares and will always give his all. loved watching him get stuck in and pass other players in our side who didn't care as much and tackle their marker