The Partick Thistle thread

Not sure how this is going to pan out. If he doesnt pay his $1,400,000 fine by June 24th he is banned worldwide from playing for any club (according to article) He does seem to cause hassle wherever he goes!! Good luck to his new club, think they are going to need it. Frankly have never heard of them!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.kingfut.com/2019/05/26/etoile-coulibaly-al-ahly-player-future/amp/

Edited by Sting777

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Imagine using beating Dundee United to try and score points.  Even we've beaten Dundee United this season, and we're shite.

They didn’t even beat them home or away, either. An abject haddie like Paul McGinn winning St Mirren POTY pretty much sums up the standard of the bottom few up there - barely better than this rabble of a division.

11 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

They're one of the budget teams in Tunisia and have won the African Champions League. Fair to say it's a step up from Thistle.

Funnily enough, I thought that about Souli.

5 hours ago, Nightmare said:

They didn’t even beat them home or away, either. An abject haddie like Paul McGinn winning St Mirren POTY pretty much sums up the standard of the bottom few up there - barely better than this rabble of a division.

Jealous sir, i appreciate you guys are watching on with envious eyes  :unsure:

So now we are at the actual end of the season and player's contracts will be expiring in the 7next week or so and Caldwell spoke of wanting 15 or 16 for the start of pre season any names we are likely hear about before then? The positions are fairly clear, at least one striker and a back up keeper, although I suspect the latter may be a youngster on loan again

Just now, jagfox99 said:

Thats Niall Keown away. Godspeed loan wonder x

I reckon we need two strikers minimum plus a Mansell type.

He was announced as away ages ago. Only player whose status is TBC is Spittal- I assumed he was waiting to see if St Mirren were staying up given his location but it was in the papers RC and Livi have offered him a deal as well so I can't see him staying.

That leaves us with 14: 

2 GKs, though I think we'll try and shift Bell on and bring in another keeper to compete with Sneddon

1 RB

3 CBs

1 LB

5 centre mids

2 wingers

I've seen it mentioned online Caldwell has said he prefers to play 352, though I watched all the Q&A thing and he didn't specifically mention as as far as I could see, only that we switched to playing 2 up front and going more direct to try and create more chances.

need: 1 CB, one full back, probably left sided,  1 more CM, 1 more winger and 3 or 4 strikers.

Pretty standard stuff. What I don't really get is the contradictory "I stopped posting update videos because I was getting abuse" to "if you have to abuse anyone, abuse me" nonsense.

Either way, it wasn't the videos that she was getting the abuse for, it's the fact that she can't run a football club competently.

15 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

I thought it was a very thorough and open statement. Credit where it's due.

I think season tickets are going on sale soon and the only way to ensure numbers don't collapse is to admit they made a c**t of it. 

She spends half the statement admitting her tenure as chairman has been a massive failure and gives very little reason for believing anything will change. She needs to go. 

Detailed, aye, but still really just the standard Low spin.

Some useful stuff in there, but also some deflections, some lies and far too many apologies, which make her look incredibly weak as a chairman.