The Partick Thistle thread

What do players at our kind of level roughly make from a testimonial?

Seems strange Elliott would knock that back to sign for Livi who, while currently playing at a higher level, surely won’t be offering very much more than us (if at all).

Would have kept Elliot given the choice but won’t lose sleep over it if he leaves. Definitely wouldn’t make him the highest paid player to keep him, although highest paid isn’t difficult atm when we have a squad of about 10 left

14 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Seems strange Elliott would knock that back to sign for Livi who, while currently playing at a higher level, surely won’t be offering very much more than us (if at all).

Only relevant if he’s being offered a 2-year or longer contract. Only joined us August 2011.

23 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Kenny Arthur's attracted a crowd of 1900 and Archie got 2600. If you average the ticket cost out at a tenner and once you've paid for police, stewarding etc and the opposition fee (believe the OF now charge a prohibitive amount to send their u19s) maybe about £10k?

Obviously the sportsman's dinners and golf days etc raise money as well. 

As Elliott signed in august 2011 would he not need a 3 year deal to get a testimonial season? Seems unlikely we'd offer that tbh 

Edit - Do you typically get a testimonial in your 10th year or after 10 years I. E. your 11th season? Doolan signed midway through the season and Archie left for 3 years which makes those too complex for me to count 

Edited by Fuctifano

3 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Only relevant if he’s being offered a 2-year or longer contract. Only joined us August 2011.

3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

As Elliott signed in august 2011 would he not need a 3 year deal to get a testimonial season? Seems unlikely we'd offer that tbh 

Actually thought he was closer to his testimonial than that, so aye fair enough.

18 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Edit - Do you typically get a testimonial in your 10th year or after 10 years I. E. your 11th season? Doolan signed midway through the season and Archie left for 3 years which makes those too complex for me to count 

I always understood it to be the season in which you reach 10 years’ service, but there’s no hard and fast rule about it.

I see Marie Macklin of Killie is greeting on twitter about the treatment of Jacqui Low by fans. No doubt this will mean the story ends up as football fans say mean things to a woman involved in football rather than the more accurate story of chairman being completely out her depth being called out for being the utter chancer she is.

You lot can keep Elliot, no chance we're after him. We're not looking at Championship as we can't compete financially, instead looking to French Ligue 2, Polish Premier League, Greek Premier League, Belgian Premier League and other sexy European footballing hubs. 

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I see Marie Macklin of Killie is greeting on twitter about the treatment of Jacqui Low by fans. No doubt this will mean the story ends up as football fans say mean things to a woman involved in football rather than the more accurate story of chairman being completely out her depth being called out for being the utter chancer she is.

Yet to see a single sexist comment directed towards Low on Twitter. As you say, she is quite correctly being called out for her shambolic handling of club affairs. No different to Allan Cowan, Tom Hughes or David Beattie in that respect.

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

You lot can keep Elliot, no chance we're after him. We're not looking at Championship as we can't compete financially, instead looking to French Ligue 2, Polish Premier League, Greek Premier League, Belgian Premier League and other sexy European footballing hubs. 

The average wage in all of those leagues will almost certainly be higher than in the Scottish Championship.

15 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

The average wage in all of those leagues will almost certainly be higher than in the Scottish Championship.

In comparison to us, Hamilton have a 1k win bonus in their contract, we only have two players on more than that in terms of wages in a contract. We signed internationalists for 400-600 p/w in Steve Lawson and Dolly Menga. The lure of breaking into the British market is huge for players there to try break into the English game I think

6 hours ago, ATLIS said:

In comparison to us, Hamilton have a 1k win bonus in their contract, we only have two players on more than that in terms of wages in a contract. We signed internationalists for 400-600 p/w in Steve Lawson and Dolly Menga. The lure of breaking into the British market is huge for players there to try break into the English game I think

imgur_reaction.gif.82c2d661ba7e5de6e0b1cc9d48686463.gif

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

You signed Menga from Blackpool m8.

I see that GC in yesterday's interview with the Glasgow Herald/Evening Times is saying among other things that PTFC  can't live in the past and that a that after two years of fighting relegation the dynamic of the dressing room needs to change. 

A vague justification for letting players go, especially Doolan. 

If he signs Boyd and or Miller I think GC is demonstrating that's exactly where he is living....... In the past! 

We've got a manager who wants to manage the team his way with a playing squad he selects.

It's his job that will be on the line if it doesn't work but as the team that ended the season was superior in almost every way to the team he inherited I think we must have at least some  hope for the future.

Was Doolan treated badly, probably

Could it have been handled better, absolutely.

I see that GC in yesterday's interview with the Glasgow Herald/Evening Times is saying among other things that PTFC  can't live in the past and that a that after two years of fighting relegation the dynamic of the dressing room needs to change. 
A vague justification for letting players go, especially Doolan. 
If he signs Boyd and or Miller I think GC is demonstrating that's exactly where he is living....... In the past! 

Scott McDonald, a retired player, literally a past player, saved our season last year