The Partick Thistle thread

We probably shouldn’t even have a POTY, but I suppose these things have to happen, and I guess I’d go with Spittal. Been shite for the last month but was pretty much our only passable player in the first half of the season.

Can’t agree with Bannigan as a shout - I think he’s been mediocre at best, albeit in a really weak midfield where he & Slater have spent most of the season having to fill in roles that they shouldn’t really need to do. Of course, it’s not their fault that neither of their managers have been able to sign competent players to play alongside them in the middle, but they definitely haven’t reached the level they’re capable of, and have both made numerous mistakes. Banzo probably deserves to be on the shortlist but should never be winning it.

Penrice has played every minute so I suppose that’s the reason for his inclusion, for all that it’s a pretty shite reason.

If McDonald scores a couple more vital goals, I’d say there’s a realistic argument for him to win it. Yeah he’s only been here for a couple of months, but if it’s his goals that make the difference in us staying up or going down, then he has to be in the discussion.

Edited by Nightmare

Not having this POTY tantum at all. Slater has been fine granted but Bannigan has been shite so f**k this nonsense narrative that players who have been ever present are somehow good because they've been there through the gash times.

McDonald is POTY simply because we'd be down without him, there's no player who's been here all season who can compete with that.

19 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Could've been worse. Caldwell could've been involved then you'd have a proper reason to moan.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Caldwell deliberately paid these guys to undermine our club tbh. I bet they Uri Gellered PropCo into existence .

25 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Holy f**k, that Partick thistle song on The Terrace was something else.

As far as musical outros go, it’s an M.I.S.S. miss

Humiliating our team like that takes the P.I.S.S. piss

Seeing that shite? It ruins my night. Get it off of my T.V.

B.B.C. burn the tapes, I want of that to U.N. S.E.E.

1 minute ago, Ad Lib said:

As far as musical outros go, it’s an M.I.S.S. miss

Humiliating our team like that takes the P.I.S.S. piss

Seeing that shite? It ruins my night. Get it off of my T.V.

B.B.C. burn the tapes, I want of that to U.N. S.E.E.

This post is A.I.D.S

That song’s been in my head all night.

Voted for McDonald btw. Wasn’t sure about us signing him but he’s made a real difference. Spittal a close second. Anderson has helped our defence (and attack) but Saunders and McMillan deserve some credit for that too. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
11 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:
No worse than the "It's United" song we have to listen to every time we go to Tannidice.

Not having that. That wee song is the best bit about a visit to Tannadice.

^^^ never had a w**k off of Jim McLean....