The Partick Thistle thread

Think we’re pretty much done with the squad now, wouldn’t mind the extra winger Archie talked about especially if Elliott is being seen more as a full back now (mind we signed him as a striker?), would possibly also allow McDaid to go out on loan til January as he’s one of the very few players contracted beyond the end of this season.

would possibly also allow McDaid to go out on loan til January as he’s one of the very few players contracted beyond the end of this season.

I'd keep McDaid, he showed on Saturday that he's willing to dig in and track back. See how many opportunities he gets in the first half of the season and if he needs games send him out on loan in January.

With such a shallow squad I'd be nervous about sending anyone out without having adequate cover. Unless we could recall him immediately if needbe.

Think Archie said in the Q&A that McDaid will continue to play a part in the 1st team. We had Bannigan out wide on Saturday so another winger might be good. I would have liked to find a good attacking fullback to replace SOD's attacking capabilities but with Miller and Elliot able to play there we're probably content for now

Edited by Red 'N Yellow

It's slightly concerning the lack of depth in the squad. Archie did say more quality was going to come in during off season but not convinced of that after losing 3 players we've leaned on in last few years.

It'd be good to get in at least one more. I'm not sure if Amoo will cut it and Pogba is a risk as he's not done much to say he's worth a deal in last 18 months. He has the name but we need more than that.

I very much hope I'm proved wrong but I am sure many share my thoughts. It could be a long season. What is excellent is the breakthrough of the young ones. It's refreshing to see half a dozen lads stepping up and so let's hope they continue to shine.