The Partick Thistle thread

Don't be too hard on Beattie the club as a whole is going in the right direction in all areas and whether we like it or not he is part of the upturn in recent years, just remember there is worst chairmen than him in the spfl

They really need to do something about the bing. Those crumbling turnstiles next to it, barbed wire and overgrown weeds just scream amateur.

The answer to that has been to move at a glacial pace. The upkeep of the ground has become a bit of a burden over the past decade, and efforts to either build stands or redevelop have usually been abortive. Perhaps that position has changed lately.

As I'm about 4,000 miles from Glasgow these days, rumour and counter rumour provide more to talk about than the games themselves. I get the impression that league survival next season will be one of Alan and Scott's most outstanding achievements.

I'm surprised we've never renamed either the ground or any of the stands in a sponsorship deal, don't know how much these things raise but it's more than £0.00 and the stigma is long gone- everyone still calls the ground the original name anyway, apart from the occasional away fans trying to be hilarious and failing.

Perhaps that one was tried.

Not good news on Stevo

the knee injury he picked up against Hamilton Academical.

The Scottish Premiership club say the full extent of the cartilage damage is unclear and that they therefore cannot put a timescale on his recovery.

The scan showed that Ryan had suffered a medial meniscus tear," said the Thistle website of the 30-year-old.

Ryan is due to go in for surgery tomorrow afternoon.

Thistle added that, after the operation, their medical team "should have a much better idea of whether he will be fit to return in time to go through a full pre-season".

Thistle's Stevenson facing operation

joined the Glasgow club after leaving Hearts in June 2014.

during Saturday's 1-1 draw on Accies' synthetic pitch.

Thistle striker Kallum Higginbotham criticised the New Douglas Park surface following the game.

Dundee United midfielder John Rankin and St Johnstone manager Tommy Wright have also since criticised artificial surfaces.

insisted that his players enjoy playing on a surface he views as "the way forward" for Scottish football.

Not good news on Stevo

the knee injury he picked up against Hamilton Academical.

The Scottish Premiership club say the full extent of the cartilage damage is unclear and that they therefore cannot put a timescale on his recovery.

The scan showed that Ryan had suffered a medial meniscus tear," said the Thistle website of the 30-year-old.

Ryan is due to go in for surgery tomorrow afternoon.

Thistle added that, after the operation, their medical team "should have a much better idea of whether he will be fit to return in time to go through a full pre-season".

Thistle's Stevenson facing operation

joined the Glasgow club after leaving Hearts in June 2014.

during Saturday's 1-1 draw on Accies' synthetic pitch.

Thistle striker Kallum Higginbotham criticised the New Douglas Park surface following the game.

Dundee United midfielder John Rankin and St Johnstone manager Tommy Wright have also since criticised artificial surfaces.

insisted that his players enjoy playing on a surface he views as "the way forward" for Scottish football.

If he was going to get injured then now isn't the worst time, but he's probably pushing it to be fit for the start of next season. Although he didn't start playing til December this time round.

I don't believe plastic pitches are inherently unsafe, played on them enough myself, but Accies fucked up at the weekend by not watering it enough.

Can't wait to see the "Player. Captain. Manager. Legend" banners for Christie in 2030. Good cover all over the pitch, although I'd rather he wasn't our first choice right back next season...

Happy with Booth too, wasn't convinced until the last 2-3 weeks but he's improved after a slow start and has settled into the system now.

Happy with those. Wanted Booth to sign so we don't need to worry about a LB even if we can get someone better in and Christie's going to be here forever now. Been asking people in college who put the ball in the Airdrie net. No-one has replied with the correct answer.

Elliot is an athlete and gives you good cover in a number of positions (I'm trying to avoid saying anything about "putting in a shift"...) - I was far from convinced by him until recently but am glad he's signed up.

Booth has looked decent and as others have said this avoids us scrambling around for a left back again this summer.

Two good bits of business, albeit both expected. Hope for more over the coming days - Osman, Taylor, Lawless and Balatoni (in that order) in particular.

Happy with that. I'm in the position that I'd be happy with our current squad going into next season. Still plenty of room for Improvement there.

I'd take that over any new signings.

Did they not say that last year and it was released a week earlier?

Probably.

Hopefully they're better than this years boring home top and shite away top. Although they're better than last seasons disasters.

Also, happy Billy-Gibson-free-kick-heading-for-the-North-sea-but-Peterhead-player's-arse-deflected-it-in-day.

(we might need a better name)

Nope. That'll do just nicely. A strangely depressing yet uplifting day.