The Partick Thistle thread

With out knowing the ins and outs and can see the likes of Conrad and Scott's position.

They have been at the ckub for a good spell and have watched players come in on better money.

They are probably looking for a good dunt to stay.

Fox is on a decent wage about £800 a week but may think he deserves better.

I'd hate to lose the core of our championship team.

I'd take Magennis if Higgy leaves tbh.

I'd take James Dayton. He's out of contract in the summer and looked alright in St Mirrens 1-0 win over us in January.

He seemed to be highly rated in Kenny Shiels Kilmarnock team that tried to play 'total football' so might well be a good fit into our system.

If he can provide consistent crosses for Taylor, he might be good for 5-10 assists as well.

I'd take James Dayton. He's out of contract in the summer and looked alright in St Mirrens 1-0 win over us in January.

He seemed to be highly rated in Kenny Shiels Kilmarnock team that tried to play 'total football' so might well be a good fit into our system.

If he can provide consistent crosses for Taylor, he might be good for 5-10 assists as well.

post-1545-14311735272095_thumb.jpg

346903-scott-fox-saves.jpg

STV have Fox as the 4th best keeper in the league.....

He was secont worst last season.

I feel he has improved greatly this season but so has our team and the defence and centre midfield too.

Not sure how great save % is as an indicator of how good a goalkeeper is compared to others in the league.

Of late I'd say Fox has made plenty of straight forward saves due to the defence being excellent, there's other goalkeepers with better defence like Gordon who will face even fewer clear cut chances which require good saves and then you'll have much worse defences where the goalkeeper is having to make 4 or 5 saves a game to keep the score respectable. There's a few of Fox's clean sheets recently that Bryn Halliwell would've managed due to the defence being very good.

Fox is now the best keeper at the club IMO, partly due to Gallacher getting worse, and he has improved this season. If MacDonald was to replace him and be anywhere near the level he was at Hearts last season I'd be more than happy with that. Would allow us to send Scully on loan to a Championship team for the season to see how he fares.

Fox is now the best keeper at the club IMO, partly due to Gallacher getting worse, and he has improved this season. If MacDonald was to replace him and be anywhere near the level he was at Hearts last season I'd be more than happy with that. Would allow us to send Scully on loan to a Championship team for the season to see how he fares.

What if Scully thinks he's ready, and thinks, sending me out on loan again! Fck that, boss, either include me in the first team or I'm off.

I think based on the reports this season of his performances, he'd have every right to think he should be our second choice.

This pre season could be very tricky in dealing with Scully... Then again it might not.

What if Scully thinks he's ready, and thinks, sending me out on loan again! Fck that, boss, either include me in the first team or I'm off.

I think based on the reports this season of his performances, he'd have every right to think he should be our second choice.

This pre season could be very tricky in dealing with Scully... Then again it might not.

Not tricky at all. Scully is under contract for next season so he can't just walk away in the huff. His performances in Division One don't give him the right to be the second choice next season. He must demonstrate, in pre-season training and friendlies, that he has developed the necessary skills and ability to play in the top tier. The final decision lies with the management team and coaches. They will have other options if they think that he's not good enough or has the wrong attitude.

Going by this article on our website, Scully hasn't ruled out coming back to EEP next season if he isn't happy with the situation at Firhill.

http://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Keeper_nets_the_trophies&ID=8470

He also mentions that Dunfermline are a massive club twice before admitting the best game of the season was a 0-0 draw.... With Forfar!

I think we can surmise he is talking absolute shite and that nothing said in that article should be trusted.