The Partick Thistle thread

STV reporter on Twitter saying Balatoni is thinking over his new contract offer as he wants to move on at some point, but won't rule out staying. Also saying that there's been no new interest in O'Donnell which is interesting, would be a nice surprise if he ended up staying

STV reporter on Twitter saying Balatoni is thinking over his new contract offer as he wants to move on at some point, but won't rule out staying. Also saying that there's been no new interest in O'Donnell which is interesting, would be a nice surprise if he ended up staying

I would have hoped a more enthusiastic attitude if that's correct but journalists' tweets are not the most reliable sources.

No new interest? His contract expires at the end of the season, nobody has to go through us to sign him.

True but the players probably discuss interest at training. It be wise, however, to keep your own counsel on possible moves. O'Donnell rejected a move to Blackpool, understandably given their transfer chaos over the last two seasons, but he probably has other options.

Rumour has it that Fox has rejected an extension, if it's true he's an idiot, we are about his level. Don't know if scully is ready yet, would put him in the Championship for atleast half a season.

Fox has spent the past two years swapping places with old Paul Gallacher, so not sure what he's thinking here. Could be that the club offered him a shite deal, or Jackie has already been in touch, I suppose.

There's no denying he's been pretty good in the past couple of months (along with the whole defence), but he's definitely replaceable. Just hope it's not by some diddy like Samson.

In this recent good run, the only good saves I can remember Fox making are at parkhead, although I wasn't at Pittodrie so might have missed something there.

The clean sheets have been down to the defence. Said earlier in the thread I'd let him go even before this news.

He'll certainly go with best wishes, he replaced Bryn Halliwell FFS - in fact I'm sure he was my POTY that year - but I think we can now do better.

Said I'd be happy to let Fox go if we can get someone better in. It'll be interesting to see who replaces him now. I'd still prefer Scully to get a loan deal in the Championship somewhere first.

I've seen Mhairi at Firhill a few times, Chris Stephens who won Glasgow South West is a Thistle fan too.

Pre-season game at home to Rotherham, decent

image.jpg

Better to play a Championship team who should bring a first team up rather than play the kids of a Premier League team.

Hope the club announce if they are going away soon, if it was Spain again I'd quite fancy it but if it's somewhere shite it'd be nice to know and then I can book a proper holiday for that time of year.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

post-1545-14311638332186_thumb.jpg

Congratulations to Archie, and Shaggy, on their 100th game in charge today vs Hamilton.

What are your favourite Archibald moments?